Fenn footpads?

More
10 years 7 months ago #18373 by markjlyon
Fenn footpads? was created by markjlyon
Hi--

Just got a Fenn Blue-fin (great boat, by the way), and I'm looking for traction pads for the footplate and rudder pedals. Does anyone know if Fenn makes these, and if they're easy to obtain in the US?

THANKS--

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #18375 by Kayaker Greg
Replied by Kayaker Greg on topic Fenn footpads?
I'm sorry I don't know if Fenn makes them or not but you could go to your local hardware supplier and get some grip tape for your foot plate and it will do the same job. 3m do rubberised "Safety Walk" tape that sticks like anything and does a great job, I used it on my Swordfish.

More
10 years 7 months ago #18377 by Richie
Replied by Richie on topic Fenn footpads?
If that fails the other option is a flat surfboard tail pad cut to size. It has the foam feel of the epic and think footpads.

On a related topic, as anyone come up with a way to relax the angle of the Fenn footplate either with foam inserts or something else?

More
9 years 8 months ago #21486 by GlenRusky
Replied by GlenRusky on topic Fenn footpads?
Mark, in case you are still looking, I have just picked up a set of these from Oceanpaddler here in Australia for my Spark without any mods needed as per Ritchie's post.
Fenn Foot Pads:

Current Ski: Nelo 550 ML (4 WWR)
Previous Skis: Fenn Spark - carbon, Vajda Hawx elite, Fenn Swordfish - carbon, Fenn Elite - carbon

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #21488 by Dan_81
Replied by Dan_81 on topic Fenn footpads?
I have had grip tape on the footplate of my Fenn Spark for about 3 or 4 months. It made a huge difference to how the boat handled as my feet used to slip off the footplate beforehand. I have noticed that the tape has begun to wear a bit and is no longer as effective. I think the Fenn foot pads would be a better option.
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by Dan_81.

More
9 years 7 months ago #21813 by Oskar
Replied by Oskar on topic Fenn footpads?
Got some of the Fenn foot pads in, they're great!!! It's like getting a foot massage while you're paddling ;)

Latest Forum Topics