The V10S.. thoughts?

More
10 years 4 months ago #19377 by Newbflat
I have heard very little about the new V10S. I suppose it was overshadowed my the V10 and seems to have fallen off the radar.
I haven't seen a single in depth review or near a mention here (please point me to one if there's been one). Did the V10 suck all the air out of the room? Epic sold lots of V10S of the last generation, will they of the current model? I paddled one for 10 min on totally flat water and all i can say is that it was very stable, almost like my SR. Anyone out there have any serious time in the new and old to compare?

Bill

FENN Bluefin S
FENN Swordfish S carbon hybrid
Epic V8 double gen 2
Lot and lots of DK rudders.

Had:
Stellar SEL excel (gen 2)
Stellar SR excel (gen2)
Stellar S18s g1 (excel)
Epic V10 Double (performance)
Stellar SR (gen 1)
V10 sport (gen 2)
V10 (Gen 2)
Beater SEL (gen 1)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #19380 by Baldy-Old-Troll
I paddled one of these at a demo day with Oban Sea Kayaks at Largs a few weeks ago, it was the first time I had ever seen a ski in the flesh let alone paddled one so this is my impression as a seakayaker.

The ski was brand new, I helped to unpack it before adjusting the rudder and taking it out for it's (and my) first paddle. I initialy felt that it was slightly less stable than my 18x sea kayak, but once I got my position sorted out, I lowered my knees from the higher position I use in the kayak, I felt much more stable and was able to paddle flat out with no stability issues, after 45mins or so I was quite happy to use cross deck bow rudders and low brace turns, I tried to find the limits of the secondary stability and gave up when I had it over far enough to flood the cockpit. I tried the bailer and found it very effective, and simple to use with either my foot or hand.

I actually found the V10s so stable and easy to paddle that I felt it would be a sideways step rather than a step up,so I passed on the purchase and decided to go straight to the V10.

Stuart.

More
10 years 3 months ago #19434 by Kocho

More
10 years 3 months ago #19435 by Newbflat
Replied by Newbflat on topic The V10S.. thoughts?
Thanks..

I saw that review when it came out. It's more an overview than a full review. I'm looking for some solid comparisons with the old V10S hopefully from someone with a fare bit of time in both.

Bill

FENN Bluefin S
FENN Swordfish S carbon hybrid
Epic V8 double gen 2
Lot and lots of DK rudders.

Had:
Stellar SEL excel (gen 2)
Stellar SR excel (gen2)
Stellar S18s g1 (excel)
Epic V10 Double (performance)
Stellar SR (gen 1)
V10 sport (gen 2)
V10 (Gen 2)
Beater SEL (gen 1)

More
10 years 3 months ago #19456 by Nicotra
Replied by Nicotra on topic The V10S.. thoughts?
I have been paddling my new v10s for 4 weeks now, I have owned the model before in performance, ultra and full carbon over a 3 year period and still struggled with stability confidence in them, so I was really interested in the new model with the thought of extra stability and extra flat water speed. I also paddle a V8 Ultra in rougher conditions and love it, I can go as hard as I like in any conditions and always feel happy. I am stoked with my new V10S Ultra it is definitely more stable and a little quicker, it's like a much faster but tippier V8. In the 4 weeks I've been paddling it I have very quickly grown in confidence and am just about ready to try some of the bigger bumpier conditions that I would never have tried in my earlier model v10s's.

Ocean Kayaks Sprinter, Fenn XT,V8 performance,V8 Ultra, Think EVO 1 Carbon,V10 Sport performance,V10 Sport Elite, V10 Sport Ultra, New V10 Sport Ultra

Latest Forum Topics