Garmin again

• sAsLEX
  • Elite Member
  • Fenn Swordfish, Kirton Typhoon K1
More
9 years 10 months ago #20889 by sAsLEX
Garmin again was created by sAsLEX
Is anyone else having issues with transferring data from their Garmins?

My 310xt now drops out of 'transferring data' after only a moment and new activities are not appearing on connect.

I am using Garmin Express, seems that there is a way to avoid this, but it was working up to yesterday nice and simply.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #20890 by Kayaker Greg
Replied by Kayaker Greg on topic Garmin again
All good for me as of last night.

More
9 years 10 months ago #20891 by fredrik
Replied by fredrik on topic Garmin again
I have had 2 replacement 310s from garmin due to that issue. I needed to try 10 15 times before the 310 maybe concluded the transfer. Finally gave up and bought a 910 which works perfectly well. Anyhow I plan to send it back to garm7n for a repair. Updating the firmware doesnt help. Btw I use garmin connect

More
9 years 10 months ago #20893 by outriggerbev
Replied by outriggerbev on topic Garmin again
i have a 305 but have had not much joy with the connect sight.was going to get a 910 but tried this endomondo app on the phone and it works great with the heart rate monitor and all-dont have to download stats at all between devices-it works in real time with your 4g phone data.good if you want to be tracked .

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #20894 by Kayaker Greg
Just been out for a cycle this morning Alex, came back first time Garmin synced but didn't transfer work out, message said try again, the unit switched off so expect it was a software upgrade, turned it back on and then synced no problems.
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by Kayaker Greg.

More
9 years 10 months ago #20896 by Baldy-Old-Troll
Replied by Baldy-Old-Troll on topic Garmin again
I've been having similar problems, it tells me that it is unable to sync my device, try again, the 310xt switches off and I have to wait until it reboots before it can be synched manually using Express, this happens about a third of the time.

Stuart.

More
9 years 9 months ago #20897 by Ranga
Replied by Ranga on topic Garmin again
I have a similar problem but I continued to hit transfer and eventually all my data was through. It would only transfer a few workouts at a time, no hassle as it eventually transferred the lot. Easier that trying to fox the problem, still remain sane to some degree!

More
9 years 9 months ago #20902 by [email protected]
Replied by [email protected] on topic Garmin again
I've been using Forerunners since the 201, went 301, then 305 (quite a few replacements there) and then the 310XT. I've found the 310XT to be pretty robust - the only problems I've had were when I dropped it onto a parking lot and cracked the seal on the case and similarly when it rolled off my car seat under the wheel of the car next to me just as they reversed... over it.

Each time, Garmin replaced the unit with a refurbished one at a large discount so I have pretty warm feelings towards them!

Touch wood, I've not had issues with uploading.

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

More
9 years 9 months ago #20906 by Schravesande
Replied by Schravesande on topic Garmin again
I have had good service from Garmin in the past but this appears to have changed. My 310 battery does not last as long as it used to. I took it to the agents, Camp and Climb in Cape Town, and was told that it can not be repaired as it is a sealed unit! No solution was offered.

I have written to Garmin SA but got no reply.

No issues with uploading.

More
9 years 9 months ago #20907 by Ranga
Replied by Ranga on topic Garmin again
Must be an old one, had the same issue and binned it as it is sealed unit. I also had no problems with it but after 5 years its days were numbered. Even if I could replace the batteries I think something else would have packed up anyway.
It had a good life!

• sAsLEX
  • Elite Member
  • Fenn Swordfish, Kirton Typhoon K1
More
9 years 9 months ago #20908 by sAsLEX
Replied by sAsLEX on topic Garmin again
Ant Agent on my old laptop worked tonight. Garmin Express still non-functional.

I love it when upgrades remove functionality. At least the watch is still sound!

• nickc
  • Visitor
9 years 9 months ago #20909 by nickc
Replied by nickc on topic Garmin again
I downloaded it again and reinstalled garmin express and that fixed the problem for me. It works better on my windows machine than my apple. The new 'Modern' Garmin Connect website has lots of 'coming soon' items and seems a little buggy to be rolling out to the public.

• nickc
  • Visitor
9 years 9 months ago #20910 by nickc
Replied by nickc on topic Garmin again
Just saw this on the Garmin Connect facebook page.

Important Update: If you are unable to send workouts, courses, settings (or any other data to your device) from Garmin Connect, uninstall Garmin Express and continue to use your ANT agent until the end of March.

More
9 years 9 months ago #20911 by Kayaker Greg
Synced and downloaded no problems this morning Alex.

More
9 years 9 months ago #20913 by Fuyang Guy
Replied by Fuyang Guy on topic Garmin again
My 310XT does not seem to be talking to the Ant Agent.
It did it not so long ago and I reset the 310 to factory settings and re-installed the ant agent software. Problem is, it is doing it again, and I really do not want to loose the data that I have on the unit. really don't want to.
Does anyone have any idea's?

Thanks

Latest Forum Topics