Defective Z-Techs. Can you help?

More
9 years 10 months ago #20959 by ionas
www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.102041...43.1388198372&type=1

please check out these pictures and help us with ideas on how to repair our defective boats.
The factory wont help at all, and our club is stuck with ten defective boats lying in our storage area

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #20960 by uk_exile
Thanks shocking. Looks like combo of very very poor construction & rough treatment during transport. Are these legit hulls, or are they el cheapo backyard copies ?

More
9 years 10 months ago #20961 by Ranga
You need to use carbon fiber and epoxy resin if you want to get it strong enough. It is a very structural are where they are damaged, a professional should do it.

This is generally the situation where kayak manufacturers try and take on the surfski world and come unstuck. Ask any one of them that has taken the same leap into the unknown. They generally let the customer do their R&D, very cheap option that costs them nothing but really makes the customer very upset.

The good manufactures however do replace such bad build issues, which keeps their customers happy and has them coming back to buy their next ski. This however costs money!

• photofr
  • Platinum Member
  • SURFSKI: K1 560M - 560x43.8 / K2 Viper - 650x56
More
9 years 10 months ago #20979 by photofr
I have seen 4 beautifully-built Zedtech, including the first surfski I got in France.
The problem for this brand is that after receiving mine, I started talking and seeing a few other Zedtech. It was as if they were made by a different company all together:
Cheap, SOFT, poorly finished - one of them looked used (even though it was brand new).

Sometimes, saving 200 US dollars is just not even worth taking the chance… especially when a company like Zedtech won't stand behind their products, and even more so when quality control is laughable.

Fixing it isn't really hard - but time consuming.
To top it all, it will make your boats heavier.
Seek help with a pro to get them fixed properly - perhaps he/she will be able to help your club a bit as well (with the price)

Ludovic
(Brittany, France)

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #20991 by Davelis
Hi, I'm a member of the club that purchase those zedtechs .they came directly from the factory and I was there at arrival, we didn't have any problem with the transport, the skis arrived fine, however when we try to use them we see almost immediately cracks developed at the sides with just small chops. We send some to a pro repairman but we still have the same problem. Zed tech is not interested in after sales
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by Davelis.

Latest Forum Topics