Fenn elite Double Leg Length

More
9 years 9 months ago #21068 by Michael Smedley
Iv got a an Elite Double, its a new model with the latest style Fenn decals on the tip.

The rear seat on this has a surprisingly long leg length. So much so then my wife can only just reach the footplate.

Does anyone know of a modification to bring the footplate forward. I guess I would need know how long the back plate is inside the ski is so I could re-drill a different fixing point.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 9 months ago #21069 by Kayaker Greg
It would be easier to bring her forward with a seat pad.

More
9 years 9 months ago #21071 by Michael Smedley
yea KG we did all that, but its still not so good. Also if anyone else jumps in we have to take all the seats out. I believe there is a mod were we bring the rails forward. The front fixings would need no change, however the rears would require redrilling.

More
9 years 9 months ago #21072 by zachhandler
Could you add closed cell foam to the foot plate? Glue it on, or fix it with Velcro so that It can be removed for tall people? I glued 1.5 cm of foam on the footplate in the back of my v10 double to accommodate short guests. I imagine you could add 10 cm if you wanted to. Might have to lengthen the footstrap though.

Current Skis: Epic v10 g3, NK 670 double, NK exrcize, Kai Wa’a Vega, Carbonology Feather, Think Jet, Knysna Sonic X
Former Skis: Epic V12 g2, Epic V12 g1, Epic v10 double, Nelo 550 g2, Fenn Elite S, Custom Kayaks Synergy

More
9 years 9 months ago #21073 by [email protected]

fix it with Velcro so that It can be removed for tall people?

I spoke to Travis Smith at Fenn, and he confirmed that this is what they normally recommend.

He's going to measure exactly how far the screws could be moved, but he sounded dubious about doing that. I'll post again when he lets me know.

I think paddling, velcroed to the plate is the way to go.

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #21074 by Michael Smedley
Thanks for the input gents.

Velcro on the footplate could be a satisfactory solution, its removed easy.

Someone also mentioned I could remove the end caps off the rail, this gives you an extra digit to play with too.
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by Michael Smedley.

More
9 years 9 months ago #21075 by [email protected]

Someone also mentioned I could remove the end caps off the rail

Right, Travis mentioned that too - I forgot to pass it on!

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

Latest Forum Topics