go pro

More
9 years 4 months ago #22413 by boss
go pro was created by boss
Where is th best place a go pro to capture ski footage ?? HEAD/ski

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #22415 by [email protected]
Replied by [email protected] on topic go pro
The different positions have different advantages.

Helmet cam: cool because it's a paddler's eye view. But you need a) to keep your head as still as possible and b) remember to scoop water over the camera every now and then to clean the spots off.

Deck cam on foredeck facing backwards: pretty cool view point, better if it's angled slightly away from the paddler. Lens self cleans as the nose dips in the water.

Mast cam: mast mounted on rear deck. Issue is that the lens gets covered in drops and the salt stays behind as it dries. Not such a problem in a decent downwind. The mast has to be very securely attached to the deck so that it doesn't whip about.

Deck cam facing forwards from the rear deck: most boring viewpoint in my opinion.

Clip with bits from the first three viewpoints:

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

More
9 years 4 months ago #22419 by Kayaker Greg
Replied by Kayaker Greg on topic go pro
It depends, if I'm going out by myself I'll put the camera on my bow, this way I can check my technique, boring for others to look at but good for me. If I'm going out with a group I'll put it on my head and try to paddle near the others so that the footage is more interesting than just looking at the bow of my ski. Of course the best footage is to have one on the bow, one on the head and one on the stern facing forward, this keeps the end result interesting with the different views but who wants to invest in three cameras or muck about so much, unless you really like making film clips? What ever you decide to do, the conditions really need to be very good and the footage short to be of interest to others in my opinion (been guilty of making clips to long myself haha).

More
9 years 4 months ago #22422 by sAsLEX
Replied by sAsLEX on topic go pro
www.airdog.com/

Doubt it would work well in downwind, but the tracking camera part could be nicked and attached to a kite which the tail end charlie in a group down wind could put up.......

More
9 years 4 months ago #22429 by uk_exile
Replied by uk_exile on topic go pro
Have seen chest mounted too & it works well

More
9 years 4 months ago #22436 by boss
Replied by boss on topic go pro
Doing the doctor. Definitely at the back of the pack .got it for a prez.

More
9 years 4 months ago #22438 by epic5253
Replied by epic5253 on topic go pro
I have mine mounted on my cap - see profile pic - works perfect - it see what you see...

Latest Forum Topics