Garmin Connect hates paddlers

More
8 years 3 months ago #25394 by Kayaker Greg
Garmin seems to have taken it to a new level, all my recent paddles are listed as cycling and I cannot edit them to paddling (which is what I do at the end of every session). All paddles in the last 10 days are listed as cycling, I edit and save but then it reverts to cycling. Anyone else noticed this behavior with Garmin Connect (I use the old style Garmin Connect) maybe its their way of forcing me to change to the new layout?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #25395 by Kayaker Greg
Indeed that seems to be the case, switched to modern and was able to edit all the activities to Paddling and it stuck, even when viewed in the Original Garmin Connect.

More
8 years 3 months ago #25398 by Ranga
Replied by Ranga on topic Garmin Connect hates paddlers
Its all witchcraft to me, I am happy to just get some info I can read after my paddles. It changed the other day and nothing worked and then the next day it worked again so I am happy. Don`t care if they call it Twiddly winks, I know what sport I am doing.
But then again going those speeds as a cyclist could be embarrassing!

More
8 years 3 months ago #25399 by Kayaker Greg
Thats the thing Ranga, I do a lot of cycling too so it messes up my miles for the year when I review. However I also keep my training on a spreadsheet which I find easier to keep track of anyway.

More
8 years 2 months ago #25401 by craigDBN
Also been having this problem, with paddling activities reverting back to "running" after closing the edit. The default unit for running activity is "pace" .ie. min/km so it's a bit annoying since I like to relate in speed .ie. km/hr. However, I figured out a way to beat the glitch.....I selected sub-heading "Other" as activity type, exited the edit, then went back into edit mode, and altered "Other" to "paddling". This worked, leaving the activity in the correct paddling type, and altered the details to km/hr.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kayaker Greg

More
8 years 2 months ago #25443 by peteski
I have the Garmin Fenix 3 running the latest beta software and if I select a Paddleboarding workout on the watch, it comes up in Garmin Connect as Paddling and in Strava as Stand Up Paddling, if I select a SUP workout on my watch, it comes up on GC as Stand Up Paddling and on Strava as Cycling... very weird indeed.

I have asked via the beta channel to have a dedicated Paddling workout option. The more people request this, the more likely they will give it some attention.

Fennix Swordfish S - Carbon Hybrid

Latest Forum Topics