New V12

More
7 years 3 months ago #27844 by Dnob
New V12 was created by Dnob
Anybody been out in the new V12 and can share thoughts and/ or pictures? seen some pics on the boat but nothing on the hull.
Overall seems like an really interesting boat but would be great to hear someones feedback on it

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #27921 by Hipgrave
Replied by Hipgrave on topic New V12
I just spent 3 days paddling one. I've been paddling a V14 for several years . The bucket comfort and layout is identical to the 14, but a higher freeboard made it much drier. Really didn't get much water into the boat. Presumably this would make it a little harder to remount. There is noticable rocker in front 1/4 of the hull when you lay it side by side with the 14 but the stern fell in about the same place. The bucket looks a little further forwards too. Rudder is significantly further forward. The bow is also tucked in a little. On the water I found it super easy to use, dry, super easy to surf and generally just much easier to use than my 14. It picked up runs with less energy and was really stable and comfortable on the surf compared to the 14. My GPS suggested it was about the same speed as the 14 but I didn't do any flatwater testing so can't say for sure. But it didn't feel bogged down. The 14 just begs for more power and you don't really hit that wall you can't push past. The new 12 was the same way for me. I was super impressed and would like to add one to my quiver. I think I'd be faster in rough water verses the 14.
The following user(s) said Thank You: zachhandler, Dnob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Latest Forum Topics