For sale: Stellar SEL 2G

More
6 years 6 months ago #29937 by kwolfe
Hey guys. Since I now own a Nelo 550, I'm selling my SEL in case anyone is looking for one. I comes with the universal and weedless rudder. This used to be Wesley's ski and I bought it this past season. It's in great shape. Just don't need it since it's so close to my 550 now.

Let me know if you are interested.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #29939 by LakeMan
Replied by LakeMan on topic For sale: Stellar SEL 2G
If you could list the location, price, condition etc I might be able to help you. Thanks

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

More
6 years 6 months ago #29940 by kwolfe
Replied by kwolfe on topic For sale: Stellar SEL 2G
Sorry about that. Looking to get $2200. Its the excel layup. I'm just outside Harrisburg PA. I would be willing to drive a little to meet if not crazy far. I have friends who live in DC so that's an easy trip.

More
6 years 6 months ago #29942 by LakeMan
Thank you Kwolfe.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

More
6 years 6 months ago #29992 by Bre_10
Replied by Bre_10 on topic For sale: Stellar SEL 2G
Kwolfe,

Greetings - am very interested in your SEL if it is still available. I also live in the Harrisburg area.

More
6 years 6 months ago #29994 by LakeMan
I love it when a plan comes together. The SEL is listed as one of the best skis available.

More
6 years 6 months ago #30009 by kwolfe
Sold! Funny part is, I have paddled next to this guy a lot on the lake I train at. Nice to see the ski go to a good person.

More
6 years 4 months ago #30384 by HangTen
Replied by HangTen on topic For sale: Stellar SEL 2G
Just curious in what ways do you find the Nelo close to the SEL?

Given you train on a lake, do you find the flat water top speeds to be similar? The trend toward narrow shorter skis makes sense for downwind, but curious to hear your experience on flat; the theoretical hull speed comes out to be ~0.5mph different.

More
6 years 4 months ago #30392 by kwolfe
I actually found the speed difference to be only around .2mph different and I was using a surf rudder on the Nelo so it might be closer with a 4inch weedless. The shorter ski accelerates faster for sure. I can be up to speed about 4-6 paddles faster than the SEL. The SEL may glide slightly better but I can honestly say that I really don't feel that one is more "slippery" in the water than the other (Not like previous V14).

More
6 years 4 months ago #30395 by HangTen
Replied by HangTen on topic For sale: Stellar SEL 2G
Very interesting take. The Nelo is definitely going to be lighter, so maybe that helped bridge the gap a little with the top speed. The 550 is wider beam, but with specs it's hard to tell because even two skis with the same length/beam could have very different water-line/wetted area shapes. Theoretical hull speed is only going to come into play when you're pushing it at the top speed where the bow and stern waves converge, but I'm wondering if in anything except glassy mirror flat conditions the chop washes out that theoretical factor to a large degree. Although 18 feet is only "short" in the world of surfskis, I guess.

More
6 years 4 months ago #30397 by kwolfe
They were roughly the same weight actually. At 7mph, there really wasn't a noticeable difference in effort to keep them there. That being said, the Nelo does have a touch more primary stability which helps when trying to really rotate for a good catch.

Latest Forum Topics