Topic-icon Beginner/intermediate ski for light paddler.

1 week 18 hours ago #30348 by Marieski
Hello everyone. I’ve been missing for a while and I’m a bit out of touch with newer model boats. I am helping a young friend to get into ski paddling. We are using my V7, my Swordfish and my Fenn Spark. The 2 problems are the V7 is too kayaklike (I got it cos it’s plastic and has a trailing rudder, but it just doesn’t have enough roll) and hence too big a gap to the Swordy; and he’s 178cm but only weighs 60kg.

Suggestions for a beginner/intermediate boat which is low volume, both in the cockpit and in buoyancy?

If there has been a recent thread on this topic, feel free to direct me thence.

Cheers, Marie.

Past skis: Spirit PRS, EpicV10Sport Performance, Epic V10 Elite, Stellar SES Advantage. Current skis: Fenn Elite Spark, Fenn Swordfish vacuum. Custom Horizon, Epic V7

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 week 15 hours ago #30349 by BrettD
I would think epic v8 pro or think eze would do nicely.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Marieski

1 week 14 hours ago #30350 by Hiro
Hello Marieski,
This amazing tool has been developped while you were away. Check it.
surfskicomparison.com

1 week 14 hours ago #30351 by Fath2o
Fenn XT?

1 week 7 hours ago #30353 by Marieski
Thanks everyone.

Yep, absolutely amazing tool, Hiro. Saves me lots of pencils and backs of envelopes. Very illuminating being able to assess windage and bucket sizes, rocker, all kinds of stuff! Thanks.

Past skis: Spirit PRS, EpicV10Sport Performance, Epic V10 Elite, Stellar SES Advantage. Current skis: Fenn Elite Spark, Fenn Swordfish vacuum. Custom Horizon, Epic V7

1 week 6 hours ago #30354 by Canario
Hi!
For a 80 Kgrs paddler I would recommend the new Think Zen. In my humble opinion the XT is an old design that Fenn is even not promoting in the events. The Eze is just recreational. The Epic V8 Pro is another good option. Hope this help.

6 days 9 hours ago #30357 by feeny
I have a v8pro and it's pretty damn good in all conditions.

4 days 8 hours ago #30362 by JonathanC
Yep V8 Pro here as well, can’t really go wrong with this boat IMO. I’m 64kg and 173, sure the seat is a little big but it’s so stable I haven’t bothered padding it yet. I can achieve good leg drive unlike the V8 or my old V10S gen 1.
Can confidently take it out in ANY conditions and have fun, for really flat water or clean small downwinder I have a first Gen Ultra Stellar SES, in those ideal conditions the Stellar is amazing, everything else the V8 Pro is so much more enjoyable.

Latest Comments

Latest Forum Topics

Protected by R Antispam