San Från to LA roadtrip.

More
6 years 1 month ago #30895 by Bevinator
Hi guys ,just another crazy aussie downwinder coming to your coastline from 17th to 23 july looking for a paddle with someone or group ect .is there a few facebook sites I could keep an eye on.Ta. Bev .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #30896 by tve
Replied by tve on topic San Från to LA roadtrip.
Downwinder? Surfski? What's that? - typical reaction here...

I'm in Santa Barbara but don't have extra equipment. What equipment will you have? Water temps along the coast here will be in the 16C-18C range, so not really "just bathing suit" range. Inside the S.F. bay it can be ~21C, though, I'm told. Got a link to your FB page?

More
6 years 1 month ago #30897 by Fath2o
Replied by Fath2o on topic San Från to LA roadtrip.
Bevinator, don't do facebook but you can give me a call when it gets closer to your arrival. I have three gen 1 skis in good paddling shape and several paddles. There are a few paddlers locally. July typically has some benign to moderate conditions depending of course on weather and/or how far and how much effort your willing to go to for a more serious downwind. I live in Ventura. Typically 10-15 knots prevailing winds with water and air temps around 20* c. A trip to the channel islands can often be rewarded with much more favorable conditions, strong to gale force winds are typical. Got to pay for gas though. Central CA typically has stronger prevailing winds than so cal, colder water though. One of my most enjoyable downwind runs was from the Golden Gate bridge to Berkley at the surfski champs race. Enjoyed it so much I wanted to go back and do it again. Hopefully I will be in better shape and better recovered from my neck surgery by then. Kirk #eight 0 five four six nine eight five 0 five

More
6 years 1 month ago #30900 by tve
Replied by tve on topic San Från to LA roadtrip.
[Sorry to hijack thread, looks like there's no personal message feature here...]
Kirk, I've been paddling mostly alone up in Santa Barbara for the last month and a half. Do you go out regularly and would care for me joining you for a hello? My email is tve -at- voneicken -dot- com.

Latest Forum Topics