SharkBite Challenge

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #31210 by mickeyA
SharkBite Challenge was created by mickeyA
This will be my first year at SharkBite Challenge near Tampa, FL. Are there any activities going on around the races other than what is on the website? Specifically ski demos. I don't think there is any mention of demo times. I kind of thought there were plenty of chances to test all kinds of skis at this race. Maybe it is Sunday afternoon?? Anything Friday other than social paddle? Looking forward to it.

KR McGregor Rhythm, V10Sport, Swordfish S, Fenn Tarpon S, Fenn XT, Twogood Chalupski, Findeisen Stinger spec. Had: V12, Stellar SE, Huki S1-X, Burton wedge2, Fenn Tarpon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #31211 by LakeMan
Replied by LakeMan on topic SharkBite Challenge
I was informed that last year they had skis to look at but were not allowing anyone to demo them. Not sure if it was because of waves or not. Hopefully that won't happen this year. Have a great time.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

• Jef58
  • Visitor
6 years 2 weeks ago - 6 years 2 weeks ago #31213 by Jef58
Replied by Jef58 on topic SharkBite Challenge
I've been going there the last 2 years as a spectator. Having other commitments, I usually go on Sundays. This time I plan on going up Saturday during the actual races. They do have racing on Sunday, but more of Dragon boats and OC type races. Wesley form surfskiracing usually goes there as well, he can chime in on if he will be representing any type of boats.

Oscar did a clinic there last year and there were boats to demo. Nelo, Think, Epic and Stellar were the ones that usually are there. It would be nice to see Lee MacGregor's boats there and the other Knysna Racing line up as well since they have a south Florida based distributor.

There are a lot of craft breweries in the area and pretty good places to do whatever... The weather should be very good too.
Last edit: 6 years 2 weeks ago by Jef58. Reason: Spelling

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #31215 by d0uglass
Replied by d0uglass on topic SharkBite Challenge
The weekend before SharkBite (this coming Saturday) there's another paddle race on the FL Gulf Coast, on the Estero River in Estero. Could be a good warm up for the SharkBite for people who are already in the area. Registration is just $35.

paddleguru.com/races/CalusaPalooza2018

I've done the race on SUP for the past two years. Looking at the startlist this year, it looks like more of the tough competitors are switching to surfski and outrigger canoes, so there could be some good competition.

Stellar SEI 1g

Latest Forum Topics