The Millennium Double

More
5 years 9 months ago #31858 by SkiTutukaka
The Fenn Millennium Double................ what's it like? good/bad/ugly.

Please give your experiences of this surfski, In general there's very few doubles in our part of the world (Northland, NZ) and I have only had one 80min paddle in an older V10 double which was fun in 2-3ft conditions.
A millennium double is for sale locally for $700nz, older glass with separate foot wells and fixed leg length. I'm thinking cut out the footwells and lower the hump with a local waka builder and I may have a good craft.

Is the hull worth the $$ and effort?? or am I trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear? (no dis=respect to Fenn as I realize good paddlers run riot on their Skis).

Yeah, Nah ........... maybe.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 9 months ago #31869 by SkiTutukaka
Replied by SkiTutukaka on topic The Millennium Double
I have found little info on the web about the millennium including this by Dale Lippstreu -- www.surfski.info/reviews/story/289/revie...ko-elite-double.html

He only writes a short paragraph which doesn't rave about things, but he's mainly reviewing the new model.

Here AR_convert talks about modding the bucket and seems to find stability sweet-- www.surfski.info/forum/21-fenn/15422-fenn-millenium-double.html

Then there's this -- www.surfski.info/forum/1-general/7996-stability-of-doubles.html

We are experienced paddlers, both own swordfish having stepped back from elite boats.

C'mon you saffa's every video from your part of the world has multiple doubles and I know you all only paddle Fenn's :-p

Yeah, Nah ........... maybe.

More
5 years 9 months ago #31872 by [email protected]
Sounds like a lot of effort!

The Millennium double is really old tech these days. I suspect you'd end up with a very heavy boat - and possibly a compromised one since the hump is part of the design - it's part of the stringer and the longitudinal strength of the hull. These days most manufacturers have managed to lower the hump - but they're using new materials and higher quality construction.

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

Latest Forum Topics