Paddle angle adjustment

• Bitemekaos
  • Stellar Sr,Sei, Ses. Uno. V14, K1, gen 3 Ion
More
5 years 9 months ago #32052 by Bitemekaos
Just brought my first new ski after paddling for 12 years happy 50th birthday to me, the new Think Ion. It is a great ski after coming of a V14 "" which was very comfortable but not too much fun for days out to sea. I am not a complete novice when it comes to setting up a new boat but I am really struggling to adjust the Thinks peddle angle. I have looked at you tube and all the other google searches but am still getting frustrated with this. I have no trouble with my last ski's but I am admitting I am stumped. All help welcome thanks in advanced!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 9 months ago #32053 by nell
Replied by nell on topic Paddle angle adjustment
I'm not sure that I understand what you're asking... foot pedal angle adjustment, correct? I believe that the Think skis still have that white barrel adjuster.

If so, then you can change the angle of both pedals by turning the white barrel adjuster located at the bulkhead just in front of the pedals. To change one pedal (to keep the rudder pointed straight), let a bit of line through the pedal holes on one pedal only and follow that slack to the barrel adjuster. I don't think that I described that very well...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bitemekaos

More
5 years 9 months ago #32055 by PSwitzer
Replied by PSwitzer on topic Paddle angle adjustment
You mean you can't figure out how to operate the barrel adjuster?

If so, then no worries it works the same as the barrel adjusters on your bike's cable brakes-

If you mean you can't figure out how to even up the pedals, so that your rudder is straight when the pedals are straight, then as Nell said you just feed the loop of line to the left or right through the pedals by tugging slack one way or the other.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bitemekaos

• Bitemekaos
More
5 years 9 months ago #32057 by Bitemekaos
Replied by Bitemekaos on topic Paddle angle adjustment
Thanks guys I figured it out just found it a bit fiddly getting the the rudder straight again but all good cheers!

• Bitemekaos
More
5 years 9 months ago #32058 by Bitemekaos
Replied by Bitemekaos on topic Peddle angle adjustment
Just noticed I put paddle angle adjustment instead of peddle, sorry for the confusion!

Latest Forum Topics