Nelo Viper 46

More
5 years 9 months ago #32062 by Cerca Trova
Nelo Viper 46 was created by Cerca Trova
I currently have a Viper 48 and I am considering ordering the V46. Has anyone here paddled one? If so what are your thoughts and impressions?
Thanks, Terry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 9 months ago #32071 by wesley
Replied by wesley on topic Nelo Viper 46
I am looking forward to trying one this week.

Wesley Echols
SurfskiRacing.com
#1 in Surfski Reviews.

More
5 years 8 months ago #32231 by Cerca Trova
Replied by Cerca Trova on topic Nelo Viper 46
Wesley, did you get an opportunity to test the V46? I always enjoy your reviews.
I did order one this weekend from Russell at Global Paddlesports in Houston TX.
Terry

More
5 years 8 months ago #32233 by ccchappell
Replied by ccchappell on topic Nelo Viper 46
Hi Terry,
My wife has a Viper 46 WWR and absolutely loves it. She has an old Jet that found too boring, and our Nelo Quattro Classic was just too tippy for her, just could not keep it in a nice groove. She absolutely loves the 46, pretty cool boat. From bucket forward very narrow, almost 'Cinco like', but the the extra flat and width from bucket to tail adds some nice stability. Very nimble and quick for the stability. She has the foot pedals as well.

Attached is a picture of her paddling next to me, we were doing 6.8 - 7.0 mph on a lake and can tell from her expression she is loving it :)

Chris
Attachments:

More
5 years 8 months ago #32235 by Cerca Trova
Chris, thanks for the valuable input! Your wife's 46 sure is a looker, and of course her.
Btw, I sure love the XI van dusen you sold me. I've retired my Epic and Stellar paddles and now use the Braca about 70% of the time. Not to take anything away from my Jantex which I still use, and like.

More
5 years 8 months ago #32238 by Fath2o
Replied by Fath2o on topic Nelo Viper 46
:)

More
5 years 8 months ago #32263 by ccchappell
Replied by ccchappell on topic Nelo Viper 46
Hi Terry,

Thanks on both accounts :) Glad the XI is working out, and yes fun to mix in other paddles for change of pace at times.

I took some short video of the Viper 46 few weeks ago, never got around to creating a post or uploading, but here is a link to the raw mediocre video on my public share drive. May take a bit to load, but should give you some good idea on lines and shape.
Viper 46 walk around

Chris

More
5 years 8 months ago #32270 by Cerca Trova
Thanks for the video. The 2 to 3 months it takes to get it cannot get here soon enough. The hardest decision was the lay up. I decided on the F construction.
Thanks again Chris!
Terry

Latest Forum Topics