Fenn elite S new seat vs old

• Marcabee
  • Visitor
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #33005 by Marcabee
Fenn elite S new seat vs old was created by Marcabee
Hi. Wondering if anyone has feedback on the new Elite S seat vs old seat. They’re both available on new build and I believe that is the only difference? I’m doing to purchase and I know demo is the way but it’s also good to get some feedback. 32” waste and Spark just that little too tight. I’d prefer rotation rather the locked in bum.
Thanks all

Sorry about the category announcements , it did not give me the drop down option for anything else.
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Marcabee. Reason: Category issue for announcements

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• BigFish
  • Visitor
3 years 2 months ago #37942 by BigFish
Replied by BigFish on topic Fenn elite S new seat vs old
The old seat is more fitted and rounded and better for size 34 or below. The new seat is flatter across the back and better suits those with wider hips.

I find the older seat much more comfortable and allows much greater control of the ski.

More
3 years 1 month ago #38062 by Dratz
Replied by Dratz on topic Fenn elite S new seat vs old
Big fish, have you sat in the new Fennix? A quick back to back with a fairly recent Elite s showed the Fennix to have a rounded bottom, again putting a bit more pressure on the greater trochanter rather than ischial tuberosities (sit bones). 
it sounds like they may have gone back to the older seat again, though with a more upright back support. 
I’d love to like it, but have not yet decided whether the pressure on the trochanters would bug me in the end. Perhaps a 6mm seat pad to lift these bones to a slightly wider part of the bucket would be all it takes?

Latest Forum Topics