Swordfish vs Swordfish S seat width

• MCImes
  • Visitor
5 years 2 weeks ago #33730 by MCImes
Swordfish vs Swordfish S seat width was created by MCImes
Hey all,
I've been intending to buy a SF-S for a couple weeks now, but our schedules haven't lined up yet, looks like it will be next weekend before i can meet the guy. I've never paddled the SF-S and was going to buy sigh unseen. I know this isnt ideal, but I've bought all 3 of my skis this way and its turned out well so far. any ways, I got to paddle a SF today (Not the S) and the seat pinched my hips at the very bottom on the outside bottom of my hip bones. (otherwise the boat was Awesome!)

Can anyone tell me, how wide/flat is the seat on the S compared to the old one? I have a 34" waist, am 6'1" 185lbs. I also am pinched in the same spot in a Nelo 550ML bucket. The Stellar SR g1 and 2006 Fenn XT are both comfortable, but slightly too large, for comparison.

Is the S bucket wider/flatter at the very bottom?  how big of a person (pants size) can report being comfortable in the S bucket? I really want to buy the boat, but your butt has the final say, eh?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #33731 by Scode
I believe the older Swodries had two bucket sizes, normal and wide whereas the Swordfish S has just the one size which, feels like to me, is in between.

I'm 194cm and 105kg (6'4 and about 230lb) waist is 36/37 and I fit nicely in the Sword S. Very comfortable and can get full rotation easily.

I find the new S seat much more comfortable than the old seat which used to give me dead leg after 15 or so minutes, no such problems in the S. I can sit in it all day with no pain at all.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

• MCImes
  • Visitor
5 years 2 weeks ago #33740 by MCImes
Replied by MCImes on topic Swordfish vs Swordfish S seat width
Very helpful Scode. Im moving forward with it then!

Latest Forum Topics