Wind/Wave reports from across the globe

• MCImes
  • Visitor
5 years 2 weeks ago - 5 years 2 weeks ago #33773 by MCImes
Hey Guys,
I've been watching videos from all over - US, SA, AU, Tarfia, etc. 
I see the guys get picked up and surf waves for much longer than we get here on the Southern California coast. A lot of the videos are dated as well. I'd love to associate wind and wave data (wind speed, direction, wave size, period, swell) to a video. Specifically, when someone posts a rockin' downwind with a date and place, id love to look at the wind and wave data to see how that directly translates to their ride or location.

We have a great resource in the Costal Data Information Program which has great current and historical wave data and even some Buoy Cams for the entire pacific coast of the US
cdip.ucsd.edu/?nav=historic&sub=data&stn...p1&stn=111&stream=p1 (look at the overview which will load automatically, then the "Sea and Swell" which is 10 from the bottom on the left navigation bar. The Sea and Swell is extremely useful)
www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=46053
www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=46217

If you know of similar websites for other areas of the world, please share the links
Last edit: 5 years 2 weeks ago by MCImes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #33775 by [email protected]
Very cool...  We use WindGuru for current data, but I don't know of any detailed historical data like that for South Africa.

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Latest Forum Topics