Connor Surfski

More
4 years 8 months ago #34882 by [email protected]
Asking for a friend:

Full Name: Jerry Welch
Email: 
Subject: Conner surf ski
Hi - bought a 20 ft x 17" Conner surf ski last week - rudder is missing

Cannot seem to find out much online about this boat / company - other than I assume it was from Tommy Conner's co in Hawaii?

Are parts available for these? When did Conner build skis?

Many thanks
Jerry

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #34884 by [email protected]
Replied by [email protected] on topic Conner Surfski
After a bit of research, I'm pretty sure that it's a ski made by Tom Conner in Hawaii, maybe even one of the legendary C-skis.  

Jerry sent me some photos.

Rob

Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...
Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by [email protected].

More
4 years 8 months ago #34887 by downwinda
Replied by downwinda on topic Conner Surfski
Sadly Tommy passed away from cancer a few years back so you won't be able to get replacement parts from him.

Luckily Don Kiesling will be able to make you a rudder quite easily that should fit.  All you'll need is the shaft length, yoke size and shape.  You can also get a new yoke and re-cable the ski, which may be a good idea in a boat that old.

More
4 years 8 months ago #34889 by [email protected]
Replied by [email protected] on topic Conner Surfski
Yep, I've already put him in touch with DK.

I chatted with Oscar Chalupsky who confirmed that it's a C-Ski.

Now I'm looking for photos that show the original shape of the rudder - I think it would be very cool to restore the boat to original specifications, including the rudder!  That boat is a historical artefact!  

Rob

More
1 year 4 months ago #40234 by [email protected]
Replied by [email protected] on topic Connor Surfski
Thanks Fred!

I've passed your contact details on to Jerry!

Rob

Latest Forum Topics