Epic V5 rudder line inlet leak advice

More
4 years 2 months ago #35930 by XLV
I've figured out where my leak is - it's at the inlet where the rudder line enters the tube from the cockpit. It seems that the tube has probably become slightly detached from the inlet piece, exposing the hull to water.

It's not even a problem in calm water, but it's more of a nuisance when there's some chop in the ocean.

I have the V5 roto version. Is it safe to unscrew the screws that attach the rudder line inlet? (not sure if there's a proper term for that piece)

I want to unscrew those and see how hard it would be to reattach the tube. Is there a type of glue/epoxy or silicone I should be using?

Any advice is appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #35939 by XLV
So I opened it up and confirmed that the tube had broken at the inlet piece, I think I'm going to order a new tube and see what I can do. Is there a brand of tubing that's recommended? I may just end up emailing epic and see if they can send me some replacement - but figured I'd ask here too.

More
4 years 2 months ago #35949 by XLV
I got a response from Epic - the part is actually called a "line feeder" and Epic charges less than a dollar for it which is nice.

I may need to temporarily remove the foam inserts to get the job done (one of the inserts is already loose, but this is a secondhand ski that's several years old now).
The following user(s) said Thank You: paddlepop