New Nelo's released today

More
4 years 1 month ago #36212 by [email protected]

Well now I'm really confused !!!!

Haha, me too!

That figure of 48cm for the 540 was given by a guy who actually measured it with his own tape measure.  Maybe he was measuring the wrong boat.  I've asked them to check!

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #36214 by PharmGeek
Replied by PharmGeek on topic New Nelo's released today
a semi-random comment from fb on this subject.....I claim total ignorance mind you yet as a peanut gallery member and budding enthusiast, it sure is interesting to see the buzz....

"Negative rocker is not new. Was developed by Gene Jensen in canoe racing back in the 1960s. It was banned in US racing that year and banned in Canada the next. It does work."

Makes me keen to learn about this history....

Nerd question...regarding "hull efficiency" (im not sure that is a formal word really)...but can there not be like a robot thingie (another scientific term) attached to a hull and powered and tested in a controlled fashion to quantify how easy a hull moves through the water at a given amount of controlled force?  That value would not represent real life performance, but would be (in my mind's eye) an interested point of reference.

Nerds can dream that one day claims made could be sussed out a bit more objectively lol...probably wishful thinking haha...

• uk gearmuncher
  • Visitor
4 years 1 month ago #36216 by uk gearmuncher
Replied by uk gearmuncher on topic New Nelo's released today

PharmGeek wrote: ...but can there not be like a robot thingie (another scientific term) attached to a hull and powered and tested in a controlled fashion to quantify how easy a hull moves through the water at a given amount of controlled force?  That value would not represent real life performance, but would be (in my mind's eye) an interested point of reference.

Yes. I published a study in a journal that did this with SUP racing boards a few years back. Likewise, there are studies whereby people have used towing tanks, speedboats pulling a kayak attached by a cable with a load cell added that can do this. However, these boats are not intended for flatwater so there is a limitation to how useful that information would be. The design software that Nelo no doubt use can also produce such simulation data as well.

More
4 years 1 month ago #36217 by Henning DK
Re. sizes, dealers who attended the launch of the new Nelo models report the following sizes:
560 / 45
550 / 46
540 / 46 (but "rounder" profile that 550)

I believe this is correct, but Nelo should know what they are doing ;-)

More
4 years 1 month ago #36218 by jazzman
Replied by jazzman on topic New Nelo's released today

Nelo has put  just up three videos taken at the launch of the new skis. This is the second . Others easy to find on their channel.

More
4 years 1 month ago #36219 by [email protected]
Summary of sizes 

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...
Attachments:

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #36228 by Tinus
Replied by Tinus on topic New Nelo's released today
They have different widths depending on the size type. The XXL is wider than the ML.
Oh yeah, your image shows that, sorry.

Nelo 560, 600
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by Tinus.

More
4 years 1 month ago #36236 by Arcturus
Replied by Arcturus on topic New Nelo's released today
The lists do not show the 520 S I got this winter. Reservoirs are still closed to boating here, and some still are partly frozen.

This makes it the first time I bought a new boat that was obsolete before I even paddled it!

Latest Forum Topics