205lbs - am i too fat for my V10L

More
4 years 1 week ago #36362 by mylespe5454
Hi

i picked up a secondhand V10L and am enjoying getting to grips with it on flat water in an enclosed waterway. I am gradually getting more stable but it doesn't feel like the glide is quite what it should be compared to when i used to kayak 

At 6'1 and 200-205 lbs i note that i don't fit within the recommended band for this ski

there isn't much of a second hand market where i live so didn't really have much choice. Having not paddled any other surfskis i am wondering whether i am grossly overweight for this ski and would progress faster/enjoy more if i bit the bullet and picked up something else (would probably need to be new) or if the margins aren't enough for me to really notice at my pretty low level

cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 week ago #36370 by mylespe5454
for anyone looking in future - this answered my question -  www.surfski.info/forum/20-epic/3318-padd...ght-v10-or-v10l.html

looks like up to 94kg is ok. ill stick as i am!

More
4 years 1 week ago #36372 by [email protected]
They're pretty rare, but another great boat for heavier paddlers is the Kayak Centre Zeplin. 

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

Latest Forum Topics