Value of gen 1 Epic v12

More
4 years 1 day ago - 4 years 1 day ago #36435 by Epicpaddler
I was originally looking to upgrade my Epic v8pro to a gen 3 v10, but a few Epic v12's have popped up in my search. One is $1150 and another is $2500. Both are ultra layup. Since the prices are all over the place anyone have an idea what a decent condition gen 1 Epic v12 might be worth in the red tip (ultra) lay-up? The $2500 one that is local to me still has the early metal bailer, not the newer Epic bailer if that matters. This wouldn't be a replacement for the v8pro, but an additional flatwater boat for training and racing (whenever the racing season opens back up).

Another boat in the used market I'm considering is the think evo. for about the same price as the v12.
Last edit: 4 years 1 day ago by Epicpaddler.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 day ago - 4 years 22 hours ago #36437 by zachhandler
Replied by zachhandler on topic Value of gen 1 Epic v12
V8P to V12 G1 is a huge step up in terms of stability, but you probably already know that. Just make sure it is the right boat for your intended use and skill level. If it is the wrong boat it doesn't matter how cheap it is, it is a waste of money. 

Regarding the value of that model, there are very few people capable of paddling an elite ski in the USA, and V12 G1 is a very old model. As such sellers have to drop the price pretty low to get rid of them. I have owned two V12 G1. I sold the black nose, which was quite heavily used, for $600, and the red nose, which was in decent shape, for $1200. $2500 is a reasonable price for a used second gen V12, but I don't think there are many that would pay that for the first generation ski. 

Current Skis: Epic v10 g3, NK 670 double, NK exrcize, Kai Wa’a Vega, Carbonology Feather, Think Jet, Knysna Sonic X
Former Skis: Epic V12 g2, Epic V12 g1, Epic v10 double, Nelo 550 g2, Fenn Elite S, Custom Kayaks Synergy
Last edit: 4 years 22 hours ago by zachhandler.

More
4 years 11 hours ago #36442 by Cerca Trova
Replied by Cerca Trova on topic Value of gen 1 Epic v12
Epic V12 Ultra G2 for sale on rivermiles.com with over-stern rudder for 2500.00

More
4 years 7 hours ago #36443 by LaPerouseBay
^ Wow, the boat looks as though it's brand new.  The over stern rudder caught my eye, I didn't know there was such a thing.  I wonder if the rudder lines can be easily run to the usual location...  I'd sure hope so, that boat is a downwind beast. 

That rudder seems to me like a trailer hitch on a Porsche...  Nothing negative intended on the river surfski crowd,  that's probably super fun.  But lifting a rudder because it's too shallow?  Yikes...  Skis are so very fragile. 

I have to be careful when I carry my 12 not to dent it with my hip bones...

www.rivermiles.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1586273875

downwind dilettante

More
4 years 2 hours ago #36444 by Dicko
Replied by Dicko on topic Value of gen 1 Epic v12
Just make sure you fit in the gen 1 boat. They aren't built for people with height. The gen 2 leg length was fine. The v10g3 is one of the great boats. Amazing combination of speed and stability. The v12 gen2 is also one of the best boats I have paddled. The v12 gen1 would be great fun on flat water. I did a race (on a river) in a fair breeze many years ago. Lots of bumps. I was paddling a Think Legend. The gen 1 v12 had just come out and I passed 3 of them as their paddlers tried to remount them. Still a nice flat water boat though. The v10 is better.

Latest Forum Topics