Ivan Lawler YouTube channel

More
3 years 10 months ago #36581 by Steve Hansen
FYI, Ivan Lawler has put out four technique videos in the last two weeks pertaining to foot drive, leg drive, trunk and chest and shoulders. www.youtube.com/channel/UC8KuVUSSDZraBFmTwkIyOKA
The following user(s) said Thank You: ErikE, Atlas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 9 months ago #36641 by SpaceSputnik
I have been watching these videos, they are quite good.

More
3 years 9 months ago #36645 by zachhandler
Those are good videos. Ivan’s tips work well for me. 

Current Skis: Epic v10 g3, NK 670 double, NK exrcize, Kai Wa’a Vega, Carbonology Feather, Think Jet, Knysna Sonic X
Former Skis: Epic V12 g2, Epic V12 g1, Epic v10 double, Nelo 550 g2, Fenn Elite S, Custom Kayaks Synergy

More
3 years 9 months ago #36728 by LaPerouseBay
Ivan's technique videos are the best thing on the internet.  

The Hemingway of ski technique.  I'll paraphrase from some smart people on google:
Lawler's presentation is concise, straightforward and realistic, a welcome departure from other youtube videos.  I think of his presentation as the "iceberg theory"  a simple style that reveals important details on the surface with deeper meaning hidden below.

downwind dilettante

More
3 years 9 months ago #36733 by CrabStick
Agreed. These are excellent whether you are beginner or advanced. He understands the biomechanics completely and explains it very clearly.
I just wish I'd had them a few years ago...would have avoided some nasty habits and sore shoulders.
He mentioned on one of the latter ones that funding is related to the number of subscriptions so lets all subscribe as a vote of thanks.

CrabStick, Perth Western Australia
Current Boats: Epic V9 ultra, Fenn Swordfish S, Fenn Spark S
Previous: Think Eze, Stellar SR, Carbonology Boost LV, Fenn BlueFin S

More
3 years 9 months ago #36739 by waverider
If you are interested into direct links to the various exercise segments see link blow. I find these best done holding pole as a paddle shaft for the arm exercises this helps you keep the movements parallel to the chest and watch in a mirror for posture and technique
Lawler Exercises

• Rod Thomas
  • Visitor
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #37381 by Rod Thomas
Replied by Rod Thomas on topic Ivan Lawler YouTube channel
These videos are really good and are well worth watching repeatedly. It has helped my technique. I was a flopper, a leaner and spilling power all over the place. If you don't know I'm talking about you maybe need to watch them too! Paddling is complicated but if you get one thing right it makes everything easier.

Ivan Lawler Kayak Technique Series
Day 1 - Foot Drive

Day 2 - Leg Drive-

Day 3 - Trunk -

Day 4 - Chest and Shoulders -

Day 5 - Top Arm-

Day 6-  Bottom arm -
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by Rod Thomas. Reason: formatting

Latest Forum Topics