Epic V9 Elite

More
3 years 9 months ago #36866 by Cerca Trova
Epic V9 Elite was created by Cerca Trova
I spend my summers in northern Michigan and paddle Lake Michigan regularly. Being a large body of water it can get ocean like very quickly. And on top of that you have large motor yachts that throws out some enormous waves. On days like this I cannot handle my V11. So I always have a more stable ski for these days. I currently have a Nelo 520 along with my new V9. Before having the 520 I had a V8 Pro for big days. The V8 Pro didn't work out for me. For me it is a good flat water ski, though on flat days I very much prefer my V11. The 520 for my liking is a better DW ski than the V8 Pro. So hence the reason I bought the V9. 
I also have a G3 V10 Elite, though I paddle it in different conditions and different location.  They do have some similarities. The bucket is almost the same which is a good thing. It is almost as good as the V11 bucket. Being 6' 1" and 178 lbs all 3 fit me very well, with no padding needed. The rudder is almost an 1" forward than my V11 and about 1/2" more than my V10. The very back of the stern is larger than the V10 and V11. The V9 tracks Downwind or upwind like a freight train. It has a surprisingly dry ride. Also it is very easy to remount. And I cannot say enough about the stability.  Loads of secondary stability which is what I was hoping for.
Time trails in flat conditions the V11 is the fastest of my 5 skis. followed by my Nelo 560, V10,  V9, Nelo 520. 
Paddle on...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 9 months ago #36868 by tve
Replied by tve on topic Epic V9 Elite
Man, you have a serious addiction! ;-) ;-)
Enjoy!
BTW, how do you choose which surfski to use? Throw a dice?

More
3 years 9 months ago #36871 by tve
Replied by tve on topic Epic V9 Elite
Man, you have a serious addiction!  :-) :-) :-)
Enjoy!

Latest Forum Topics