Wing Paddle Care

More
3 years 9 months ago #36889 by paddlepop71
Wing Paddle Care was created by paddlepop71
Quick question.  My Orka paddle ceased and it took me FOREVER to unstick it.  In the end i had to get the hairdryer on it and it eventually unstuck.  Am i supposed to take it apart every time and rinse it?  I am guessing you cant leave it assembled... And is there any kind of product i can put on the shaft where it connects before i assemble again to make it easier to pull apart?  Like GT85 water displacer???

Thank you :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 9 months ago #36890 by leolinha
Replied by leolinha on topic Wing Paddle Care
The usual recommendation is to disassemble the paddle and rinse it after every paddling session on salt water. If you paddle only on rivers or lakes, doing it once a week will be enough to keep your equipment in good shape.

Current: Epic V8 PRO, Think Evo 3
Past: Epic V8, Epic V10 Sport
The following user(s) said Thank You: paddlepop71

More
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #36899 by Arcturus
Replied by Arcturus on topic Wing Paddle Care
Even if you paddle fresh water, it’s best to take the paddle apart and rinse it inside and out.

I once had a 2-piece paddle that got stuck from silt residues suspended in the water where I had last paddled. Vigorous swishing in cleaner water freed it but when I looked further, traces of the hardened mud remained, which required scrubbing to remove.
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Arcturus.

More
3 years 9 months ago #36910 by CrabStick
Replied by CrabStick on topic Wing Paddle Care
Yes definitely a fresh water rinse after every paddle and store with 2 parts separated. Also a good habit to rinse locking mechanism for foot plate adjustment. This makes it go from impossible to adjust to easy.
I'd steer clear of water displacing products or lubricant as would be concerned about plastic damage or making something slippery that needs to be grippy - particularly for paddle. You dont want to have to crank the length adjust mechanism super tight to get it to grip if it keeps sliding slowly during use. Learnt that the hard way but there may be better products than Lanox which in hindsight was poor choice.

CrabStick, Perth Western Australia
Current Boats: Epic V9 ultra, Fenn Swordfish S, Fenn Spark S
Previous: Think Eze, Stellar SR, Carbonology Boost LV, Fenn BlueFin S

Latest Forum Topics