Warm fleece top in the US

More
3 years 1 month ago #38200 by tve
I'm looking for a warm long sleeve fleece-type top I can buy in the US. Polartec used to have a fabric called Aquatec for this purpose, but it looks like they stopped making it. There's Chillcheaters in the UK but the shipping/sizing/returns situation makes it very unattractive to me. I've tried 2mm neoprene and find it too restrictive. Has anyone found anything else that has good colder water and wind protection and does not restrict movement as much as neoprene?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 month ago #38201 by mrcharly
Replied by mrcharly on topic Warm fleece top in the US
For really cold days, I've been using a mountaineering pertex and fleece combo jacket - it drain water fast and doesn't restrict movement. Something like a buffalo top.

Got my eye on getting a Rooster cag  Rooster cag
They are stocked by shop.foghmarine.com/ in the usa

More
3 years 1 month ago #38202 by tve
Replied by tve on topic Warm fleece top in the US
Thanks for the suggestion! Unfortunately Pertex is made in the UK and garments made with it don't seem to be easily available in the US either. Something made out of the Pertex Equilibrium fabric seems to be what I'm looking for. The BUffalo Mountain Shirt seems to fit the bill, although from the photos it seems to be stiffer than what I expect. Also, it's not easy to find in the US. The rooster cag would be way too much for me.

I'm currently using a Vaikobi vcold flex L/S top, which is great in many ways, but it cools a bit too much in wind, so as soon as I stop paddling it can get cold.

More
3 years 1 month ago #38205 by zachhandler
Promotion is a wetsuit shop in hood river that makes exoskin which is thin fleece with a stretchy thin rubberized coating. Waterproof not breathable. I had a top of theirs. Quite warm and well made.  They sew their own stuff and i think they can customize the fit of things  if you contact them. 

stores.wetsuit.com/exoskin-tops/

Current Skis: Epic v10 g3, NK 670 double, NK exrcize, Kai Wa’a Vega, Carbonology Feather, Think Jet, Knysna Sonic X
Former Skis: Epic V12 g2, Epic V12 g1, Epic v10 double, Nelo 550 g2, Fenn Elite S, Custom Kayaks Synergy

More
3 years 1 month ago #38207 by tve
Replied by tve on topic Warm fleece top in the US

zachhandler wrote: Promotion is a wetsuit shop in hood river that makes exoskin which is thin fleece with a stretchy thin rubberized coating. Waterproof not breathable. I had a top of theirs. Quite warm and well made.  They sew their own stuff and i think they can customize the fit of things  if you contact them. 

stores.wetsuit.com/exoskin-tops/

Thanks for the tip! I just ordered a top, sounds like exactly what I'm looking for, I'll see whether it works for me :-).

Latest Forum Topics