Aussie ski buyers beware. Add on to Not Again post

More
12 years 7 months ago #7650 by tony h
Hi Paul
I have bought 10+ skis in the last 10yrs (some for friends) & have had no problems with any dealer, other than one a little south of the Gold Coast.
It was my first ocean ski & when I had some issues down the line I encountered very poor service & overt lying............voted with my 'feet'.
I won't consider buying from him again or recommending him to anyone.
Fenn, Epic, Stellar, Carbonology & Stealth have provided varying degrees of excellent service & can recommend them.
Best wishes
Tony

ski's - McGregor C/R // Nelo 560L // Epic: 1st/2nd/3rdG V10/10L/10 sport, V14, V12, V8, V7, double -v10/v8 // Stellar: SES 1G/2G, SEI 2G // Fenn: double, elite SL, swordfish 1G/2G // Carbonology: vault, atom, flash //hayden spec ski / gibbons oc. ski / red7 / stealth spec/ocean ski / think legend

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #7652 by Rob1
If this person is so bad, just name and shame. There is nothing he can do if the allegations are all true. Why protect him?????
Thanks

More
12 years 7 months ago #7654 by tony h
Hi Paul
It has come to my attention that this unidentified dealer could easily be misconstrued - more than one dealer north of sydney!
So would recommend you either disclose all the info, address it legally or move on the wiser.
This will avoid any incorrect speculation on who this dealer is & undue duress on innocent parties.
Best wishes
Tony Hackland

ski's - McGregor C/R // Nelo 560L // Epic: 1st/2nd/3rdG V10/10L/10 sport, V14, V12, V8, V7, double -v10/v8 // Stellar: SES 1G/2G, SEI 2G // Fenn: double, elite SL, swordfish 1G/2G // Carbonology: vault, atom, flash //hayden spec ski / gibbons oc. ski / red7 / stealth spec/ocean ski / think legend

• gnome
  • Visitor
12 years 7 months ago #7660 by gnome
Hi Tony
I agree I dont want to hurt any other businesses, in fact if the dealer would just do the right thing I would be more than happy to say he fixed it all up. As a simple mistake shouldnt ruin him. Just the same for me if he has physical evidence to prove his side then I will also accept a mistake and move on.
On another site a nice person gave me contacts for Legal help in NSW so I gave them a call, they were very helpful. They will have a legal aid solicitor contact me by end of the week. When I told them my side they obviously said if those were accurate then the dealer could be in quite a bit of trouble from the side of taking money for the payment of insurance and not purchasing the product (insurance) as agreed. My comment was, would that be a form of theft? The answer was more than likely. Thats what I thought and again thats what this is all about.
So when I get legal advice then I will see how I can move on.

Paul.

More
12 years 7 months ago #7661 by tony h
that sounds solid Paul - good luck!
hopefully you will have some success.
Tony

More
12 years 7 months ago #7670 by Rightarmbad
I suggest that pending the outcome of this, that we simply cease speculation and let the subject lie until it is resolved either way.

Please do report back when it is finished though, I think the audience is enthralled.

Follow the path of the independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of 'crackpot' than the stigma of conformity. And on issues that are important to you, stand up and be counted at any cost.--- Thomas J. Watson

More
12 years 7 months ago #7677 by Shady
I agree Tony H, I placed an order for a new ski which i was told is due in 2-4 weeks. The next day I started reading this thread and considered cancelling my order as the dealer is north of sydney. I'm not having my ski shipped anywhere and will be collecting it myself, but a dodgey dealer is a dodgey dealer.

I would very much like to know who the dealer is or at least know that they are not on Sydney's northern beaches.

Epic V10 Sport Performance

More
12 years 7 months ago #7680 by tony h
Greetings Shady
Can assure the dealer in question is in not in the northern beaches area.
Word of mouth is the best gauge of reliability (esp. post sale) & as you said avoid courier delivery where possible - these are fragile awkward cargo & hard to insure!
On that issue, does anyone have a some insurance experience for transport / usage?
Best of luck with your new ski - it is a special feeling getting out there in the ocean!!
Tony

The following user(s) said Thank You: Shady

More
12 years 7 months ago #7691 by Dicko
It's a shame your green 7 was broken Gnome cos they are a damn nice boat to paddle. Best of luck.

Latest Forum Topics