Anaconda !

• Bricktop65
  • Visitor
12 years 4 months ago #8562 by Bricktop65
Anaconda ! was created by Bricktop65
Hi Guys,

Only a couple of days to go!

Just wishing all who are paddling down at Augusta this weekend a safe and enjoyable paddle! See you there!

Cheers,

Simon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #8599 by AR_convert
Replied by AR_convert on topic Re: Anaconda !
Cheers Simon, for the uninitiated Anaconda Augusta is the worlds largest adventure race by number held on in the south west of Australia over some beautiful coastline. There are around 1700 competitors who compete either solo or in team of up to 4 with the amount of competitors on the course limited to 750.

The race is 13.5km run, 1.9km swim, 13km paddle, 32km mountain bike and 2.5km beach run (which teams must do as a whole)

www.rapidascent.com.au/anacondaadventurerace/wa/

As per my forum name, this is my bread and butter, this race to a large degree has dictated what training I do, what mountain bike I ride and what ski I paddle.

I am really happy to say/brag it paid off with the 13th best ski time from the 750 in my Carbonology Vault. Not bad for a midpacker in a intermediate ski;)

Now to start doing more downwind training for the summer, bring on the world cup races, Mandurah Duel and the Doctor!

Always looking for the next boat :)

More
12 years 4 months ago #8601 by Kayaker Greg
Replied by Kayaker Greg on topic Re: Anaconda !
Mate, 13th out of 750 is an incredible result! Well done!

Oh no, just saw those bloody Kiwi's have taken another of your trophys!

More
12 years 4 months ago #8611 by AR_convert

Kayaker Greg wrote: Mate, 13th out of 750 is an incredible result! Well done!

Oh no, just saw those bloody Kiwi's have taken another of your trophys!

Thanks Greg, always good to have a plan, work hard and see the fruit :)

As for the Kiwi's, Richard Usher is a machine, saw him in action in another Adventure Race (AR)I did last month (Mainpeak Multisport), he destroyed the field and was only beaten by one team over a much bigger distance.

It's good to see the other Kiwi's have done some swimming training, something we had over them in the past as most Kiwi AR's don't have swims, go figure :)

The Aussie chasing Richard, Sean O'Neil has been Western Australia's triathlete of the year for quite a number of years now and is no slouch. There was one other Aussie that could have taken it up to Usher, Jarrad Kohlar, from Melbourne, and the event organisers, (Rapid Ascent) had built him up as one of the favourites for this event, but at the last minute (less than a week out) he got a call from a Swedish AR team to compete in the XPD World AR championships in Tasmania (a goal of mine) and ditched his Aussie team mates to go and compete in that.

There are quite a few triathlete's (including me) who are switching to or mixing in AR now, the feel of events is much like what Tri's were like 20 years ago, very friendly, a lot of goodwill between competitors and a lot of support from community.

Augusta has truly adopted the AR community for this race and it is a pleasure to spend money in that very small town for the way they make us feel welcome!

By the way, Jarrad, as well as being a full time AR athlete, runs a coaching and ski sales business and anyone in Victoria, Australia would be well served to get in touch with him for ski's and or training advice, his business is www.peakadventure.com.au/store/index.asp

More
12 years 4 months ago #8624 by cambo
Replied by cambo on topic Re: Anaconda !
Hey mate,

I had a good crack at the race on the weekend too. Stellar conditions and Ussher is ridiculously good.

Seeing as you seem to be on top of all the race stuff, Im wondering where you would advertise a ski for sale. I am heading overseas, at the end of the year so looking to sell the one I was using in the race. It was awesome, and had me flying in those calm waters, though not quite to the 13th fastest time.

Let me know what your thoughts are.

Cheers

More
12 years 4 months ago #8625 by boss
Replied by boss on topic Re: Anaconda !
you could try geartrade and ausoutrigger, there are alot of paddler crossing over, me included.

cheers

More
12 years 4 months ago #8627 by AR_convert

cambo wrote: Seeing as you seem to be on top of all the race stuff, Im wondering where you would advertise a ski for sale.

Probably, the most popular and quite convieniently also a free place to advertise for all Aussie ski paddlers is www.geartrade.com.au

This forum also has a buy and sell section, and seeing as how Aussies are the biggest nationality on here is also worthwhile using.

More
12 years 4 months ago #8628 by cambo
Replied by cambo on topic Re: Anaconda !
Sensational. Thanks boys, I'll give it a crack.

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #8629 by Dicko
Replied by Dicko on topic Re: Anaconda !
Try this site. This is probably the best site for selling all things paddling. Robyn does a great job maintaining this site.
members.iinet.com.au/~rokhor/canoe/index.html or google canoeing in wa.
You can also try the Rapid Ascent site www.rapidascent.com.au/ they have a for sale section under the forum tab and gumtree is a great place to sell ski's. All sites are free so use the shotgun approach.
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by Dicko. Reason: added a bit

Latest Forum Topics