Pacific Ocean Series

More
12 years 2 months ago #9657 by Draftbuster
Last race of the Pacific Ocean Series this weekend January 28th.Kirra to Mermaid on the Gold Coast,17.5k down wind.How many from here will be racing?Ill be there in a black carbon Stellar SE. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Stefannina
  • Visitor
12 years 2 months ago #9707 by Stefannina
Replied by Stefannina on topic Nice forummm
Nice forum you got here, greetings from pl,
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
bmi , alarmy gdańsk , monitoring gdańsk , linux samba

More
12 years 2 months ago #9710 by Pete
Replied by Pete on topic Re: Pacific Ocean Series
Just got an email, apparently postponed due to the bad conditions we have here at the moment.
Check their website or face book

More
12 years 2 months ago #9711 by Rightarmbad
Conditions are fine, we've been out most days this week.

Follow the path of the independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of 'crackpot' than the stigma of conformity. And on issues that are important to you, stand up and be counted at any cost.--- Thomas J. Watson

More
12 years 2 months ago #9718 by Pete
RHB you surprise me with your off the cuff comment as I too have been out 3 times this week, but would not expect a sanctioned race to be held where the council and SLSA have closed the beaches, as like our tragic Aussies a few years ago proved accidents do happen, and closed beaches is a good measuring stick.

This week should only be for those willing and experianced enough to self rescue and not put others at risk which is why wisely they postponed.

The logs coming out into the rivers are huge and for a novice to come unstuck by weed, sticks etc is something I wouldnt like to see, not to mention the sudden squalls, currents, swell and rain dumps bringing vis down to 100 metres out there.

Did a ride to Tweed this morning and its nice water down there ( away from River discharge ) so I am only assuming it was too hard to move at short notice.

Read a book, Blue sky will be back eventually

More
12 years 2 months ago #9719 by Rightarmbad
Strangely enough, I haven't seen any debris when out, but the big two foot round log on the sand in the alley worries me, imagine being hit by that.

Once out I find the conditions now very mild, the squirily twisty water has died down.

The water at Kirra is pretty clear and the murkiness from Currumbin creek is only close to shore.

A line from Kirra to Mermaid/Miami area is pretty much clear water as you are far enough out to miss the Currumbin debris and Cooly murkiness is further out.

The seas themselves are quite mild with only a bit of fun getting back in to deal with.

It's not like there are huge dumping shorebreaks like at the Aussies.

I can see why a race would be cancelled, but really, it's nothing special out there and I am certainly going for a paddle after work today.

It's kind of good, I may be able to have a go at the race in another time slot.

Follow the path of the independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of 'crackpot' than the stigma of conformity. And on issues that are important to you, stand up and be counted at any cost.--- Thomas J. Watson

More
12 years 2 months ago #9743 by Pete
All correct RHB

My comments on the closed beaches and Aussies, was more on the fact that we should respect the guys who make those decisions as if it goes bad it becomes a factor later.

I am sure insurance would be void - I happily stayed out this weekend looks horrible but am going out in an hour so hope all th elogs are gone

More
12 years 2 months ago #9763 by Draftbuster
Race is now on the 18th Feb.More training time :)

Latest Forum Topics