Epic V10L Vs Epic V12

More
11 years 7 months ago #12763 by Bayou
Epic V10L Vs Epic V12 was created by Bayou
i would like to buy a Epic Kayak, but i hesitate between the V10L and the V12

Accordind to Epic's website, the conditions of use of the Epic V10L and the V12 are quite similar.

- flat to moderate conditions.

i am 1m72 for 75 kg

What advice can i get ?

thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #12764 by DougMar
Replied by DougMar on topic Re: Epic V10L Vs Epic V12
I'd go paddle them both, then decide. My V12-U is excellent in those conditions, as well as in bigger stuff. But that's just me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayou

More
11 years 7 months ago #12773 by antonsa
Replied by antonsa on topic Re: Epic V10L Vs Epic V12
I have owned and tested both out in various conditions. I prefere the V10L (which I still have) as it has less volume and a better seat position (the seat is slightly forward compared to the V10 and V12). The V10L is also better in a crosswind as its deck is lower. It also has that "go fast feel" when you paddle it, whereas the V12 feels like you are pushing a lot of boat.

The V12 is perhaps a slightly faster ski in flat water,more forgiving on steep runs and the forward volume does allow you to punch through a wave better.

Both are good boats, but I would choose the V10L over the V12 anyday (particularly if you are less than 1.8m tall and weigh less than 90kg). OH and buy the lightest one possible.

Enjoy!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayou

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #12781 by superted
Replied by superted on topic Re: Epic V10L Vs Epic V12
Hi Bayou at 1.72m and 75kg I'd take the one that feels the most comfortable (thats includes the hump not being an issue under your calfs) and has the lowest volume
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by superted.

More
11 years 7 months ago #12801 by AR_convert
I owned a V10L and briefly flirted with the idea of getting a V12, ...twice, they are very quick on the flat and I think the bucket was more comfy for me.

If you are predominantly paddling/racing downwind or in calm conditions the V12 would be hard to go past.

If like me a lot of your training and racing is in cross winds get the lower volume V10L, it is ideal for that, the V12 front end is like having a sail out there and as soon as that nose lifts it gets turned by the wind.

Your height and weight do point more towards the V10L, a mate of mine has a V10 and is about the same weight, looks like he's always paddling uphill, the more forward bucket in the V10L suits the smaller paddler.

Always looking for the next boat :)

Latest Forum Topics