Anyone fitted a shark shield to a v10?

More
11 years 4 months ago #14289 by Maar
Bought a v10 a year ago and a shark shield. Haven't fitted the shark shield yet due to undecidedness on where to place on the boat.

Any ideas?

Are they legal in racing in australia ?

Thanks

Epic v10 super elite

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #14295 by ElRicho
Why? It wont protect you from a whitey. Once they decide on an ambush its on its way? Or are you concerned aboout other sharks

More
11 years 4 months ago #14306 by brandt71
I'm on a V10 and the only way I can see it working is through the venturi.

I've spoken to Cliff from ESDS Hawaii (shark shield smaller cousin)and they are working on a kayak prototype due out soon.

I'll try and get the link to the Australian and RSA government research papers published 3 months ago. These shark devises Shark shield /ESDS were tried on static and moving bait both in RSA and South Australia. Great whites mainly. Static bait (South Australia) - The bait got taken every time even with the device(s) fitted, but it took on average a longer time for the sharks to commit. Moving bait (South Africa)- Without the device the seal decoy got taken every single time! With the device it did not get taken once! I do believe the devices will buy you some valuable time even with GW in the water. The problem being that the device (in its current format) only works when submerged, hence ESDS prototyping a kayak version.

The police in Western Australia are using the ESDS models.

More
11 years 4 months ago #14307 by brandt71
www.google.com.au/search?q=government+RS...OZUID2IK_BiQfhpYCICA

Here is the link to the government papers. I only read the conclusions.

More
11 years 4 months ago #14308 by brandt71
Here is the file.
Attachments:

More
11 years 4 months ago #14309 by Maar

brandt71 wrote: I'm on a V10 and the only way I can see it working is through the venturi.

I've spoken to Cliff from ESDS Hawaii (shark shield smaller cousin)and they are working on a kayak prototype due out soon.

I'll try and get the link to the Australian and RSA government research papers published 3 months ago. These shark devises Shark shield /ESDS were tried on static and moving bait both in RSA and South Australia. Great whites mainly. Static bait (South Australia) - The bait got taken every time even with the device(s) fitted, but it took on average a longer time for the sharks to commit. Moving bait (South Africa)- Without the device the seal decoy got taken every single time! With the device it did not get taken once! I do believe the devices will buy you some valuable time even with GW in the water. The problem being that the device (in its current format) only works when submerged, hence ESDS prototyping a kayak version.

The police in Western Australia are using the ESDS models.

Thanks brandt I'm keen to have a good level of protection.

It's just that at 2.4m long it's important to position it practically.

I think I'll go for midship on the very bottom of the boat.

Anything that makes open water safer the better IMO.

Thanks

Rob

Epic v10 super elite

More
More
11 years 4 months ago #14316 by brandt71
I'm aware of this version. It never went went into production.

Latest Forum Topics