Will V12 work for me?

More
11 years 5 months ago #14351 by Makkreutzer
Thank´s Brett, for clarifying my initial question.

I´m tempted to go for Epic because they can be bought 2 kilometers from my office and from one of the only danish shops creating awareness on Surfski. That deserves some positive vibes. But then again: I´m not going to buy anything that slows me down by being a bad fit for my body size (174 cm´s, 68 kg´s, short inseam of 30 inches, good physical strength and endurance, almost zero surf ski experience but the willingness to learn). I have done that several times with time trial bikes and know that I will get rid of the bad fittting equipment with in a few month (thereby losing a fortune).

So actually my question could be:
Is there any EPIC surf ski that might be an excellent fit?

Does Vajda, Carbonsport, Zedtech, Nelo or Fenn (those are brands that I could order/buy, but without testing most of them) have better options, like the Vajda Hawx that Mark spoke about?

To be honest: I have 7 high end bikes so I am not scared by the thought of buying two more Surf Skis over the next year, if necessary for trying out different designs.

Regards

Martin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #14353 by dkjens
Replied by dkjens on topic Re: Will V12 work for me?
Hey Martin,

Have you considered a Point65N Bourbon Orca Xtralight, because I have one for sale and service would just be across Oeresund in Malmoe.

I am situated 250km north of Stockholm but if interested I'm sure we could figure something out.

I lived in Tulstrup outside Hilleroed long time ago and still have friends there and in Noedebo, could make a trip to DK out of it maybe.

Med venlig hilsen,

Jens L.

More
11 years 5 months ago #14354 by Makkreutzer
Thank´s for your offer Jens, but I´m not quite sure that the point ski will be the best choice. At least I need to try out some others and find a way to test it, before I could decide.

Best regards

Martin

• Chaz
  • Visitor
11 years 5 months ago #14355 by Chaz
Replied by Chaz on topic Re: Will V12 work for me?
I also do kayak tri's and trying to learn to paddle a "fast" ski was alot of work with trying to not let the other legs slip. I jumped up to fast and lost form and just wasn't having fun. Unlike biking were we can buy the best bike and ride it that day, paddling is a stages thing. Work your way up. I had 2 V12's one was the elite and just never really felt good in it.( too twitchy for me) so I went to the Stellar SEL and it was a great compromise. I'm faster then ever and can also site see if I wanted and feel confident. I tried the new Vajda Hawx first proto type and liked it but now the new one is faster and as stable I'm told so I'm going down to the only vajda dealer in the US (elite ocean sports) next week to pick up my new hawx. ( as long as the shipment makes it!!!)
Epic is comming out with the V14, a faster and tippier version of the 12. Sounds great, but the 12 was too much boat for me not going any tippier, so boats like the Stellar SEL and Vajda Hawx will be better for me. Alittle more stable and unless your a top paddler just as fast.
Just my experiance not everyone is the same. Good luck with your choice. Chaz

More
11 years 5 months ago #14376 by mckengmsurfski
Martin,
I had someone with a 30 inch inseam in the Vajda Hawx yesterday and they had 3 more spaces on the adjustment rail left to further shorten the length. They were taller than you are by 4", so likely a longer torso, so I'm not sure about fit for your size beyond leg length.

Best,
Mark

More
11 years 5 months ago #14391 by Makkreutzer
Mark,
That´s still very helpful information. Thank´s a lot.

Regards

Martin

Latest Forum Topics