Re: V10 Sport Ultra

More
16 years 3 months ago #1473 by Ritchie Cunningham
I gained a 5 min. average on a course that used to take about 60 min. This compared to an older (and more stable) generation ski.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Alain Jaques
  • Visitor
16 years 2 months ago #1474 by Alain Jaques
Replied by Alain Jaques on topic Re: V10 Sport Ultra
I knocked another 2 minutes off my time on a Millers run in fairly mild conditions on the V10S Ultra. This equals my best time ever of 52 mins.

It was a fantastic ride, I was linking runs together and getting in long rides. I took a lengthy swim after skidding sideways on a steep breaking wave and got rolled. I was getting pretty cocky after managing some big drops successfully. The V10S inspires confidence and is very nippy on the waves allowing me to choose the runs.

I am sure to break 50 mins soon. For me the advice that Oscar gave is correct when he said I would do better on a more stable ski. It certainly is a lot more fun to be on a stable boat, the quicker times are just a bonus.

More
16 years 1 month ago #1475 by superted
Replied by superted on topic Re: V10 Sport Ultra
Have you had a chance to try the newer elliptical rudder on the Sport yet Alain?

• Alain Jaques
  • Visitor
15 years 5 months ago #2532 by Alain Jaques
Yes I have had the elliptical rudder on for a while and it does make a difference. (sorry it took 7 month to reply).

More
15 years 5 months ago #2535 by superted
Lol Alain,
I've owned one for about 5 months now.

More
15 years 5 months ago #2572 by mulus
Replied by mulus on topic Re: V10 Sport Ultra
special day today I picked up my v10 sport. i went for a paddle and could feel the speed and comfort . I will be smiling as i go to sleep tonight.

• Alain Jaques
  • Visitor
15 years 5 months ago - 15 years 4 months ago #2574 by Alain Jaques
All the best with your new Sport, it is such a pleasure to paddle without even thinking about stability.

I did not paddle during the thick of winter due to work and family pressures but two weeks ago I took the Sport out of its bag and I was back at the 14km grading race . Fitness was not a problem as I had kept up road running and am marathon fit, so I was confident to paddle the distance in most conditions in that boat. Last week was race two of the series, I moved up a grade and am getting closer to catching my old nemesis a few positions ahead.
Last edit: 15 years 4 months ago by [email protected].

More
15 years 5 months ago - 14 years 6 months ago #2578 by superted
Hi Alain, Thats good
Last edit: 14 years 6 months ago by superted.

More
15 years 4 months ago #2626 by Ritchie Cunningham
mulus wrote:

special day today I picked up my v10 sport. i went for a paddle and could feel the speed and comfort . I will be smiling as i go to sleep tonight.

The pull of the dark side....

Latest Forum Topics