Re: Differences between V10

More
16 years 2 months ago #1521 by [email protected]
That's a good point... To go one step further:

All the Chinese skis except the V10 Sport have the elliptical rudder. They retained the trapezoidal rudder on the Sport for reasons of stability - the elliptical rudder, being more effective, tilts the ski more than the trapezoidal one.

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Alain Jaques
  • Visitor
16 years 2 months ago #1522 by Alain Jaques
Replied by Alain Jaques on topic Re: Differences between V10

Another change is the rudder cables (now grey), the whole steering system feels an awefull lot smoother and much more responsive.

The smoothness of the steering system was the first thing that I noticed on my new V10 Sport. It is incredibly light and responsive, you can feel every ripple through the pedals. I find the boat very nippy on downwinds and I am beginning to understand what people mean when they talk about 'linking runs together'.

More
16 years 2 months ago #1523 by Ritchie Cunningham

I find the boat very nippy on downwinds and I am beginning to understand what people mean when they talk about 'linking runs together'.

Epic has the best adjustable footstrap system that I have seen so far. Being able to lock my feet to the boat was like discovering the missing link. The increase in stability is significant. Now, instead of sliding down big bumps all the time leaning on the backside of a wing tip blade, I'm spending more time chasing bumps or holding the paddle at rest position.

More
15 years 9 months ago #1524 by Beanboy
Replied by Beanboy on topic Re: Differences between V10
Greetings,

Been a while since this thread has been updated, just curious about those folks have had Epics built in the past six months. Are the boats still improving? Leveled off?

Looking at a July 2007 build boat that has a few hundred off the price, wondering if it would be worth going to a 2008 build boat or not.

Thanks!

More
15 years 9 months ago #1525 by Ritchie Cunningham
Got mine around July 2007, recently had to buy a new footrest/pedal assembly. Did not do a detailed comparison but at minimum they beefed up the footrest, as I had to go to slightly longer machine screws. Can't say for sure when the boat was built.

Latest Forum Topics