Epic V14 feed back

More
10 years 10 months ago #17035 by Rob1
Epic V14 feed back was created by Rob1
The v14's been out for a while now, I'm after feed back from people who are currently paddling the ski. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #17040 by nell
Replied by nell on topic Re: Epic V14 feed back
I've been using one for the past couple of weeks and trialing it with the new V10 and will do the same with the V12. Flat, flat water only thus far - which is what I was looking for. The V14 is slightly faster on the flats but I suspect only the minority will be up in those speeds. It's the new V10 that is overall more impressive to me thus far.

I'll try to get something more substantial on this site in 2-3 weeks.

More
10 years 10 months ago #17043 by 1xsculler
Replied by 1xsculler on topic Re: Epic V14 feed back
I really like my V14 but I only paddle it on pretty flat water and I am also a novice so my opinion is not worth much. It's a little tippier than my V12 but I like the overall ergonomics of the 14, i.e. lower volume especially in the bow, very comfortable bucket, etc. I may never get good enough to take it out in messy conditions and that's why I rent a V10 Sport when on Maui. I do feel that paddling a V12, SES and the V14 for tha past five weeks has made me considerably more comfortable in the V10 Sport this week.

current skis: SES Ultra. sculling boats: Fluidesign Lwt, Wintech, Empacher.
The following user(s) said Thank You: foundwood

More
10 years 3 months ago #19600 by Craig Elliott
Replied by Craig Elliott on topic Epic V14 feed back
Epic V14 Ultra quick review; (1=poor, 10=excellent)
$4700rrp, L=6.4m Beam=0.429m D=0.32m Approx weight=12.0 kg
Value=5.5
ergonomics=9.5
speed=9.5
Stability=5.5
Handling=8
Total=38/50
Good points:
Very efficient drainage of ski, excellent paddle entry, comfortable seat/ergonomics (seat higher then feet). Super quick, the most K1 feel of any ski I have paddled, picks up the smallest runners. Ok secondary stability in light conditions.
Possible improvements:
Reduce cost for 12-14kg range. Ski is $3895 (USD) on US site and $4700 (AUD) in Australia....? Maybe $4000 or 4200 (AUD).
Suitability: elite only paddlers in true ocean conditions, Advanced will handle this in the harbour and open lakes thanks to ok secondary stability. (Good second ski for those races) If you haven't got some background with K1's you will likely struggle. You need to have complete ownership of core stability in the ocean. 75kg up to maybe 100kg (over 100kg the seat maybe to tight)
Pick of the fleet: Ultra Demo (If you can find one!), approx [email protected]

More
9 years 10 months ago #20776 by surfski987
Replied by surfski987 on topic Epic V14 feed back
Hi,
Is It possible to get some feedback on big downwind condition or a vid please.? or Is It a flat Water / light chop surfski ?
Thank you

Latest Forum Topics