New V10 v Old V10

More
10 years 9 months ago #17447 by [email protected]
I took the opportunity here in Mauritius to go for a tap in both boats.

I can confirm the new V10 is a completely different animal to the old boat. The whole thing feels totally different. The cockpit is wider and has lower rails - I tested getting back into it and it's much easier to remount the New V10.

The original V10 grinds my coccyx raw; the new one is far more comfortable.

A massive difference is the stability of the new V10 - the primary stability is far greater than the old V10. I felt completely comfortable going out into the gnarly tidal race of the reef channel near the resort; when I got on the original V10 on the flat water I felt wobbly.

As for speed, etc, all I can say is that it felt fast and responsive on the small runs that we had on Wednesday morning but until I can paddle one with my regular marks I wouldn't commit to whether I go faster in it or not. But I can't wait to see.

The bailer is awesome. I left it closed and filled the cockpit. Opened it wide and went down a couple of runs and I swear it emptied the boat in about 7 seconds.

Impressive.

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...
The following user(s) said Thank You: lost john, Vattendjur59

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago #17456 by Steve Hansen
Replied by Steve Hansen on topic Re: New V10 v Old V10
Stability-wise, how would you compare it to your Swordfish?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pleuston

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Latest Forum Topics