Epic V10 Sport Performance or Ultra?

• fitz
  • Fennix Swordfish S, Epic V10 Sport
More
10 years 6 months ago #18666 by fitz
Hi,
What's the difference paddling an Epic V10 Sport Performance vs. Ultra? Which model can take more abuse? I'm about to buy one of the 2 and am leaning towards the Ultra because it will be easier to carry and to lift on and off of the car. What do you recommend?
Thanks,
Bill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #18671 by red_pepper
What kind of abuse are you planning on dishing out? :) The performance is probably a "tougher" layup, although I wouldn't take either one through a shallow, rock-infested river. I've owned a V10L Ultra and currently have a V12 Performance. Both seem to take normal handling without any problem; the lighter Ultra layup is definitely easier to carry & lift on/off a car. You probably won't notice a lot of difference between paddling the two layups, although the lighter boat will probably feel a bit "livelier" and more responsive, and the heavier layup will probably feel a bit more "planted" and stable. With the stable V10S I would lean towards the Ultra if it fits within your budget and you're not planning to run it through whitewater. :)

More
10 years 6 months ago #18697 by lckcpaddler2
There are a few of each available at www.kayaktrader.com

Morgan House

Latest Forum Topics