Buying a used epic V8, what to look for?

More
8 years 8 months ago #24251 by hakkum
There is a used V8 (2013) on sale in my area and it is the club model: fiberglass on a core matt.

Since I have never bought used surfski, I was wondering what and how to check if there are issues with it.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #24253 by Davelis
First thing to do is knock it around with your knuckles it should produce a compact sound. Then you should feel with your hands for any irregularities all the surfaces (soft spots, repairs). and finally if you can test ride it after an hour session if it have any water in it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hakkum

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #24257 by hakkum
Thank you. Everything checked out, no soft spots or repairs.

However, I am now thinking if I should wait for a ski in Performance layup instead. Does anyone have any experience with both Club and Performance? Which one is a better purchase?
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by hakkum.

More
8 years 8 months ago #24262 by Ranga
All depends how much the ski costs and where you are going to paddle it.
The performance is stronger and lighter, but more expensive. Once on the water there will be little difference for a beginner. If you can carry it without a problem I would go for the Club, if it has the side handles that should be easy to carry.
There are also not a lot of second hand V8`s for sale so you might wait a long time to find a Performance model.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hakkum

Latest Forum Topics