V10 double and a solo paddler query

More
8 years 8 months ago #24446 by Rubys Dad
Does anyone know or has anyone tried to see if the V10 double (ultra layup)can be paddled with some sort of success by a strong solo paddler?
Haven't tried it yet and more of a flat water experiment I'll be trying next week but curious if it had been done at all.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #24448 by steveb
Although not often, I have paddled my Stellar S2E solo while waiting for my paddling partner to arrive. It paddles nicely in flatwater conditions, but I haven't tried it out solo in strong wind or wave conditions yet.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rubys Dad

More
8 years 8 months ago #24452 by Goldcoastkiwi
I have had 3 doubles (various Stellar lay ups and models) and the major problem I have found is that a single paddler won't weigh enough! The minimum optimum weight on the Epic is 130 kg. You will probably find it to be very corky ,and less stable. I guess you could counter this to a degree by flooding the rear cockpit a bit , then closing the bailer.

Skis past and present : New Epic V10 Ultra, Fenn Swordfish Carbon,
Stellar S2E Excel double, PRS 570 , V8 Club, V10 Sport Club,Stellar S2E Advantage double, Epic V10 Sport Performance, Think EVO II, Fenn Swordfish Vac Glass, Fenn LS, new model Stellar S2E double, Fenn Bluefin S Carbon Hybrid

More
8 years 8 months ago #24453 by zachhandler
I have a v10 double, performance layup. On flatwater it paddles great as a solo. It is surprisingly fast. Much faster paddling it alone than with a beginner with poor balance in the back. It is comfortable and you could paddle all day alone on flat water. It is faster than a v8 like that. I would compare it to a v10 sport when paddled alone. I have not tried it alone in waves, though i once sprinted to the back of a large motorboat and surfed that for a while. Without weight in the back the rudder was in the air at times.

Current Skis: Epic v10 g3, NK 670 double, NK exrcize, Kai Wa’a Vega, Carbonology Feather, Think Jet, Knysna Sonic X
Former Skis: Epic V12 g2, Epic V12 g1, Epic v10 double, Nelo 550 g2, Fenn Elite S, Custom Kayaks Synergy

Latest Forum Topics