SURF RUDDER

• mtbgman
  • Visitor
4 years 1 month ago #36087 by mtbgman
SURF RUDDER was created by mtbgman
Hello from down under, i have an Epic V7, i'm after a "surf rudder" for it, any ideas as to who makes one?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #36090 by [email protected]
Replied by [email protected] on topic SURF RUDDER

Hello from down under, i have an Epic V7, i'm after a "surf rudder" for it, any ideas as to who makes one?

Hmm... Just confirmed with Epic Aus that they don't.

Where in Aus do you live?

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...
The following user(s) said Thank You: mtbgman

More
4 years 1 month ago #36092 by Kean
Replied by Kean on topic SURF RUDDER
Actually Epic do make a surf runner in 4 different stock lengths and one of these is perfect for the V7. 

I know as we have supplied and fitted a few in Thailand, the latest one was yesterday.. 

www.paddlesportsthailand.com

We are the Epic dealer for Thailand
The following user(s) said Thank You: [email protected]

• mtbgman
  • Visitor
4 years 1 month ago #36093 by mtbgman
Replied by mtbgman on topic SURF RUDDER
I checked with the dealer i got it from and 1 other to be sure..
Phillip Island Victoria..

• mtbgman
  • Visitor
4 years 1 month ago #36094 by mtbgman
Kean if you have a"surf rudder"for a V7 i'll buy it off you.. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
4 years 1 month ago #36099 by [email protected]
Howzit, ok, I have the definitive answer.  The V7 takes exactly the same standard rudders as the rest of the Epic boats so you can buy the standard surf rudder from them or their agents.

You may have to trim the rudder shaft (with a hacksaw), and if you want to, you could drill a hole for the pin that goes through the shaft too although that's not strictly necessary.

Rob

Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

• mtbgman
  • Visitor
4 years 1 month ago #36100 by mtbgman
Your the man Robin.. i asked this about the other rudders from the dealers and got a negative answer..
thank you..

More
4 years 3 weeks ago - 4 years 3 weeks ago #36130 by Atlas
Replied by Atlas on topic SURF RUDDER
Or you can have a really good custom rudder made by Don Keisling: surfski (at) gmail (dot) com. He's made some really sweet rudders for my skis including my Epic V10L. 
You can have a look at his handiwork on one of my skis most Saturday mornings at Cowes beach.

Current boats
Epic V10L Ultra, Epic V9 Ultra, Carbonology Sport Boost X LV, Fenn Bluefin, Nelo 510, Fenn XT double, Nelo 600, Expedition Kayaks Azure, Mirage 732.
Previous boats
Spirit PRS, Fenn Swordfish, Fenn XT, Fenn Swordfish S, Think Zen, Epic V10L Club, Carbonology Sport Boost LV
Last edit: 4 years 3 weeks ago by Atlas.

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #36131 by [email protected]

Or you can have a really good custom rudder made by Don Keisling: surfski (at) gmail (dot) com. He's made some really sweet rudders for my
skis including my Epic V10L.

Concur with that - I use a DK rudder on my Swordfish S, love it.

Rob

Latest Forum Topics