Epic bailer replacement

More
3 years 8 months ago #37076 by Sifor
Hi all,

I have an Epic V10 Sport (Ultra layup) which has a broken bailer that needs replacing. 

I ordered the replacement bailer from Epic but after unscrewing the nuts that I thought held the bailer to the ski, the bailer still seems to be attached firmly to the hull (either adhesive or something else??).

Has anyone replaced an Epic bailer and if so, any tips on how to remove the old bailer? 

Thanks 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 8 months ago #37133 by Ranga
Replied by Ranga on topic Epic bailer replacement
Yes it is still bonded in so a bit of force is required to remove the bailer. You can slowly scrape away around the edge of the bailer with a utility knife which will somewhat help reduce the bonded area and then for the last part just tap down on it to remove, sometimes quite hard, but they do come out.
When refitting, make sure you sand the ski so there is no force required to push the new bailer back into place, don't use the nuts to force it back in place, they are there just to hold it in place.
Most other manufacturers don't use any mechanical fixings to hold their bailers in, gules are so good now that it is even harder to get them out when just glue is used. 

More
3 years 8 months ago #37134 by Sifor
Replied by Sifor on topic Epic bailer replacement
Thanks Ranga, much appreciated!  Will give it a go with your tips! 

Latest Forum Topics