Baby Rattle in my boat?!?!

More
15 years 2 months ago #2920 by yankee
OK, it's not a "baby rattle", but one of my "support brackets?" that braces the internal hull horizontally has come undone and it makes noise as it flops around inside my ski. Oh, it's a V10L Performance lay-up.

So, has this happened to anyone else? And, if so, or even if not- how can you fix it?!?! The only way into the internal cavity is through the bung hole, so I was thinking one of 2 solutions:

1.) install a hatch in the dashboard area for storing things in the future, but for immediately getting the loose brace out!

2.) snake a tube into the bung hole, with a syringe on the other end full of epoxy and try to glue the sucker to any arbitrary spot to keep it stationary?!

pros/cons= 1.)get a place to put wallet, phone,etc. but might be structurally ruining my ski? Looks like their may be a massive support there in the middle? 2.)might be hard/impossible and might not work really...

Thank you for any help you can shed on this ordeal. I hope that it is only a "noise" problem and the fact that it is off won't compromise the boat's seaworthiness...

Cheers;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• StuartXpat
  • Visitor
15 years 2 months ago #2921 by StuartXpat
Replied by StuartXpat on topic Re:Baby Rattle in my boat?!?!
Give it back to Epic - let them sort it out.:)

• Seaugi
  • Visitor
15 years 2 months ago #2922 by Seaugi
Replied by Seaugi on topic Re:Baby Rattle in my boat?!?!
Only hear of that happening once before. It was a warrantee issue.
If you bought the ski used, and don't have a warrantee, then try the hatch method. That way, you'll have access to the hull.

More
15 years 2 months ago #2926 by garykroukamp
I have a similar question. I keep an old FENN Mako at a holiday spot in Plett and the stringer seems to be loose and rattling around inside. It's a little annoying, so I was going to take it to a repair shop and get them to "unzip" the seam, reglue the stringer and reseam the boat. Is this an option? Any other ideas? I thought also of spraying a type of foam glue into the bung hole?

More
15 years 2 months ago #2927 by ACE
Replied by ACE on topic Re:Baby Rattle in my boat?!?!
Hi Gary

Call me 0824595163 - And we can talk about how to solve both problems.

Anton Erasmus Epic South Africa

Latest Forum Topics