V10 Flatwater speed versus Fenn Elite, Green 7

• gnome
  • Visitor
13 years 1 day ago #6781 by gnome
Just after feed back re the above boats?
Im 5`11`` tall
80kg
80cm inseam
Am I a bit light for the V10?
Cheers
Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 day ago - 13 years 1 day ago #6782 by AR_convert
So we are to assume these are the only (used?) boats you have access to after asking this question already in the forum?

None of them are ideal flat water only boats, given their volume, and your weight. As has been previously stated it may b a case of which boat is most comfortable and what lay-up they are ( carbon, glass, etc)

Always looking for the next boat :)
Last edit: 13 years 1 day ago by AR_convert.

• gnome
  • Visitor
13 years 1 day ago #6783 by gnome
Yes pretty much thats about all is usually around my parts. It will be glass too, 2nd hand too. They will be used off shore but mainly want idea of flatwater speed as I used a Elite and thought that was much faster than my multisport kayak that is 6.2m long and 42 wide.I was very impressed actually. Im sure they all are quite good in the ocean so thats why I need the flatwater as a starting point. I will be raced there too.
Paul.

More
13 years 1 day ago #6784 by AR_convert
You asked if u were too light for the V10? A friend of mine weighs 79 kg and photos taken of him in his 13kg V10 make him look like he's paddling up hill the bow sits so high... Hence the reason the V10L moves the bucket forward for lighter paddlers.

Always looking for the next boat :)

• gnome
  • Visitor
13 years 1 day ago #6785 by gnome
I know how that feels thats exactly how I was in the Fenn elite (not the Australian version) Funny with the Elite the guy who owns it is 95kg and when he padddles it the bow radius underneath is out of the water for him too.
Ok then change the post subject to V10L versus Fenn elite and Green 7 speed on flatwater.Throw in a Fenn Millenium and Icon.

More
13 years 15 hours ago #6787 by Dicko
They're all fast on flat water. Some are notoriously unstable and also bloody hard to remount. I would check that before you buy. Ultimately that will determine your speed in the ocean more than hull speed. Falling out isn't very fast.

Latest Forum Topics