V10 Electronics Mounting

More
16 years 8 months ago #788 by stallion09
Just curious as to where other v10 owners are mounting their electronics. I have a standard Garmin etrex and have it tied behind the foot pedals on the two straps. This setup is not great because sometimes it is difficult to see and I cannot actually touch the system. it is just too far away....

Any ideas?

Thanks

My surfski blog

ct-surfski.blogspot.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• flick
  • Visitor
16 years 8 months ago #789 by flick
Replied by flick on topic Re: V10 Electronics Mounting
My Garmin 305 is attached to the footstrap. I can read all the digits clearly from the seat. If the etrex has a similar strap to the forerunners then you can do the same. Otherwise maybe you can make up some type of velcro straping?

More
16 years 8 months ago #790 by pjjacob
I carved a scrap foam rack pad to accept my Forerunner 201 into a socket carved in the face of the foam. It's shaped so I can strap it to the front "dashboard" behind the pedals. I generally don't touch it once I've started it because it's too far away. But that's the only place I've found where it can be mounted and be out of the way. Anyplace else it's either in the way or would require drilling or gluing to the hull and I don't want to do anything like that. The good thing about that spot is I can look at it easily and still keep an eye on the conditions.

• flick
  • Visitor
16 years 8 months ago #791 by flick
Replied by flick on topic Re: V10 Electronics Mounting
I just found this link on one of the other topics. It has pictures of an etrex mounted on different skis. Hope it helps.

www.huki.com/store/index.php?main_page=innovations

More
16 years 8 months ago #792 by stuartknaggs
Not sure how it would work on the V10 but I velcro my Garmin 76 in front of the pedals on my Icon. I also loop the lanyard through the pedal bungies for security. I can't touch it there but I can see the important bits very well.

stuart

Latest Forum Topics