Fenn 3 wing paddle

More
11 years 5 months ago #13614 by charles.nadia96
I just orderd a Fenn 3 two piece carbon paddle! This is my first wing paddle and wanted to know what you all thought about it. My friend uses a Onno and said I should have orderd that. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #13623 by 1xsculler
Replied by 1xsculler on topic Re: Fenn 3 wing paddle
I have a Fenn 4 one piece, which I'm converting to a two piece, an Epic small/mid and an Epic mid. So far as as I can tell from measuring and from laying one top of the other the Fenn 4 is nearly identical in size to the the Epic small/mid and the Epic mid is a little larger than the other two. I like all three about equally well but the Fenn blades are quite a bit less delicate than the Epics and they're more durable and also heavier. If you're very careful not to touch the Epics to anything but water they're great and their oval shaft is nice. If you bang your paddle around the Fenn would be the better choice, IMHO.

current skis: SES Ultra. sculling boats: Fluidesign Lwt, Wintech, Empacher.

More
11 years 5 months ago #13628 by Davidw
Replied by Davidw on topic Re: Fenn 3 wing paddle
I had a Fenn 3 until I lost it in a rapid a few years ago. It's a great paddle with similar feel to the Epic mid wing. Doesn't pull as hard as the front of the stroke as the Fenn (Bracsa?) 4 and is more forgiving in moving water.

More
11 years 5 months ago #13642 by Rightarmbad
Replied by Rightarmbad on topic Re: Fenn 3 wing paddle
My two Epic paddles show no chipping or otherwise problems with the blade.
I have had a bonding issue with the lock mech on one of them and another bonding issue with the inserted marked bit on the other.

Follow the path of the independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of 'crackpot' than the stigma of conformity. And on issues that are important to you, stand up and be counted at any cost.--- Thomas J. Watson

More
11 years 5 months ago #13653 by charles.nadia96
You are the second guy to say that epic has bonding issues! The light weight does not help when a wing falls off in the middle of the race. Thank you and Im glad I went with the Fenn!

More
11 years 5 months ago #13664 by Rightarmbad
Replied by Rightarmbad on topic Re: Fenn 3 wing paddle
The blades were bonded fine, they just have some issues with the joining of the inside bit and the locking mech.

I have some other brand paddles and one of them is showing a similar problem, I still paddle with it, but it is moving a bit.

I will do the same repair to it and bond it with epoxy.
Worked for the Epic.

Follow the path of the independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of 'crackpot' than the stigma of conformity. And on issues that are important to you, stand up and be counted at any cost.--- Thomas J. Watson

More
11 years 5 months ago #13863 by charles.nadia96
Raced 31 miles (50 K's) with my new fenn 3 on my WS tsunami plastic boat and came in first in the kayak class!!!! Great paddle! Now I have to get my ski out of the shop!!!! 5 hrs 45 min. in a 24 inch wide boat!
Attachments:

More
11 years 4 months ago #14244 by gulfpaddler
Replied by gulfpaddler on topic Re: Fenn 3 wing paddle
The Fenn 3 is a great paddle. Very durable and has a nice feel in the water. My Fenn paddles arent the lightest but they are workhorses that never let me down after quite a few years. Great first paddles

Latest Forum Topics