Fenn Millenium - can it still keep up?

• troyski83
  • Visitor
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #13929 by troyski83
Fenn Millenium - can it still keep up? was created by troyski83
I know the millenium has been discussed a few times regarding stability but for an experienced paddler, how does it perform in down wind compared to the Elite? Picking up runs etc. I guess the real question is would an experienced paddler be able to mix it with the best on a millenium? If traditionally paddled the elite but having moved overseas can prob only get a cheaper, second hand millenium or mako 6..
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by troyski83.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #14109 by MLTSki
I'm not to sure what other skis can do, but i padle a club owned mako millenium, and it definatly keeps a smile on my face!!

More
11 years 4 months ago #14110 by Christopher
I paddled a carbon millenium today and I loved it! I always thought it had a bad rep for stability but I found it as stable as my synergy 2, maybe even more stable? Can't comment on speed because I paddled upwind today which I never do haha

More
11 years 4 months ago #14121 by [email protected]
It's a long time since I paddled a Millenium, but...

There are still some examples being paddled here in Cape Town. I had a chat a Millenium owner a few days ago in Dawid Mocke's shop - he was looking for a new boat. He said that just found the M too tippy and he was looking to try an Elite or even a Swordfish.

As stable as a Synergy? Phew, not the Milleniums that I used to know! They've definitely got a reputation for tippiness, and certainly I found it very tippy back in the day.

My paddling partner Dale Lippstreu bought a carbon Millenium when I had my Custom Kayaks Icon - the Icon was a very tippy boat too, but Dale's carbon M was unplayable and he sold it within a couple of months.

In my opinion, the Elite is far and away a better boat - especially downwind. The M is fast on the flat and on small bumps, but loses it in the bigger stuff, where the Elite dominates. But hey, as I say, there are still guys performing on the old M, so it can't be all bad.

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

Latest Forum Topics