swordfish foot pedals

More
11 years 1 week ago #16036 by SDisle07*
It takes a lot of foot pressure to operate the pedals on my boat. Is this normal for Fenn boats? The rudder shaft has a neoprene (rubber like) washer that I swapped out with a nylon washer in attempts to reduce the amount of pressure required. This didn't seem to help any....I noticed the angle of the rudder cables seem steep where they enter the side plasric covers (near the calf area) when sitting in the boat. Looks like the cables are sawing through the plastic....Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 week ago #16040 by Kayaker Greg
Not normal on my Swordfish which I bought a month ago, pedals and cables are very smooth. I have not been able to look at the angle of the cables for you as I keep my Swordfish hidden from the wife at the ski club. :evil:
The following user(s) said Thank You: SDisle07*

More
11 years 1 week ago #16041 by sAsLEX
Replied by sAsLEX on topic Re: swordfish foot pedals
I have never had that issue.

I keep my ski behind the couch in the lounge so got some pics for you
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: SDisle07*

More
11 years 1 week ago #16052 by owenw
Replied by owenw on topic Re: swordfish foot pedals

Kayaker Greg wrote: I keep my Swordfish hidden from the wife at the ski club. :evil:

Brilliant!

Life truly lived is full of risk; to fence out risk is to fence out life itself

More
11 years 1 week ago #16056 by Ranga
Replied by Ranga on topic Re: swordfish foot pedals
Maybe I am getting old, but those rudder lines look like they are pulling up from the exit of the ski to the peddles.

More
11 years 1 week ago #16064 by SDisle07*
Replied by SDisle07* on topic Re: swordfish foot pedals
Thanks for sending the pics...I replaced the big neoprene washer with a single nylon washer which lowered the ruder about 2mm which seemed to help. The cable bungee (in front of footplate) seems to be causing a lot of tension but I am able to steer the boat ok...just something I have to get used too.

Thanks

More
11 years 1 week ago #16070 by Kayaker Greg
One of our club members recommends cutting the cable and doing away with the bungy for better steering action, perhaps he had the same trouble as you. My friend cut his but it made no difference, but he had no issues to start with. So perhaps some Fenns come with too much tension on the bungy, so look at maybe fitting a longer piece of bungy or removing it altogether, I suspect that might be where the issue could be.

Latest Forum Topics