upgrade to Fenn elite

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #22322 by fb_721671843
Hello, I paddle Fenn xt and I want to upgrade. Can I upgrade to Fenn elite? Have I to paddle the swordfish before to upgrading to Elite? I paddle in lakes ( flat water) and the most important thing is speed. Sometimes I paddle in the open sea. What are your recommendations? Thanks in advance
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by [email protected]. Reason: Corrected spelling!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #22328 by [email protected]
It depends on how good your balance is, how much time you're prepared to put and the usual conditions on the sea where you are.

The Elite as you know is a lot more tippy than an XT, but some paddlers cope with it; expect to take a few months to get comfortable on the Elite.

On the other hand the Swordfish is one of the most popular boats on the planet, so you should be able to sell it for almost as much as you paid for it, if you look after it.

My recommendation would be to go with the Swordfish. Look after it and you'll be able to sell it again when and if you want to upgrade to the Elite.

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...
The following user(s) said Thank You: fb_721671843

More
9 years 5 months ago #22329 by fredrik
Replied by fredrik on topic upgrade to Fenn elite
I did the same upgrade but grew comfortable with the swap by spending 4 months on 2 inches of buttpads, The stability will be about the same. Now you could just get the easy option: Epic seat pad set

More
9 years 5 months ago #22338 by Ric
Replied by Ric on topic upgrade to Fenn elite
I was racing Dave last year and it was always close, sometimes him, sometimes me. Dave on his Elite.

Dave sold his Elite because he wasn't feeling comfortable enough in it. Dave wastes me in his new Swordy this year.

Moral of the story: If you can put down full strength into a proper stroke, you will be faster. This is a marginal sport - a few missed strokes every km add up really quickly.

2nd Moral of the story: I need to train harder to start catching up with Dave...

More
9 years 5 months ago #22345 by fb_721671843
Replied by fb_721671843 on topic upgrade to Fenn elite
Ric i hope you catch Dave soon :)

Latest Forum Topics