Rudder Mako 6

More
4 years 7 months ago #34933 by coolerman
Rudder Mako 6 was created by coolerman
Hello fellow paddles i have not long picked up a Fenn Mako 6 this is my 2nd ever ski it,s not new don't think they make them any more it's fast and  light  very twitchy i find as I'm
light weight at 73kg 160 pounds  this may add to it. From what i have read about the mako
they don,t track well in bigger surf and with my lack of weight my add to this i have been told to get a bigger rudder where do you get one from i have contacted a fenn dealer they only have stock rudders  where to next?.
Jon
West Australia 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #34934 by CrabStick
Replied by CrabStick on topic Rudder Mako 6
For better tracking and control I'd recommend a DK rudder. Just contact Don Kiesling by email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and explain your needs. 9 inch surf rudder should do it. He needs accurate measurement of rudder shaft length to top of machined shape / square.
As an aside, if you ever get a chance to trial a Fenn Spark you might just love it at 73kg. It will sit down at a better waterline than your mako and the bucket will actually fit so you get the discovery of contact and control with your hips. The secondary stability is very good.

CrabStick, Perth Western Australia
Current Boats: Epic V9 ultra, Fenn Swordfish S, Fenn Spark S
Previous: Think Eze, Stellar SR, Carbonology Boost LV, Fenn BlueFin S
The following user(s) said Thank You: coolerman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Latest Forum Topics